1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Fishing - Do You Get Frustrated By The Weather ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by waynethered, Apr 5, 2014.

1. waynethered

waynethered Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Does everyone get as frustrated as me not being able to get out on the kayak,got a small fortune sitting in the garden doing nothing.:mad:

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Kayak

Yes, but as a seasoned Kayaker I can say its just part of the game.

Some seasons you only get out a dozen times all year, other times your out every night. I also slightly changed your topic title so it matches your question, this way your likely to get more replies.

3. Groyne

Groyne Guest

It's the same for all small boat and kayak anglers who fish the North sea. Last week it was to foggy/rough, next week it looks like it will be to windy, might be the odd chance of a launch though.
    Anyway, it's still very early in the year for most small boat anglers, time to complain if you're still frustrated at the end of July.

4. waynethered

Carries on like this ile put mine in the bath

5. andym

andym Rockling

Today was perfect for a spot of Yakkin!

Attached Files:

6. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

it can be very frustrating, theres a lot of factors at this time of year that need to come into play to make a launch possible and then to make it productive, for instance you need the wind to be light and from the right direction, the water to start clearing out and then the dreaded algae to not be too much of a problem

April/May are tricky months, I remember when I first started out and couldnt catch a break in the weather for ages...then the end of april we started with one of the longest summers of reasonable weather for years, that was 2009 and we were out most nights (when work premitted)

So dont panic yet, plenty of time to wet a line and the fishing will be just getting started anyway, no rush for the moment mate ;)

7. Baramundi Bob

I never even start to get excited until July. Early season is all cod, and that's dull. Just passing time waiting for the Pollack and Bass to show in worthwhile numbers.

8. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cod jigging does get old pretty quickly but its a nice warm up for the upcoming pollack...never cared at all about bass for some reason so they arent a factor for me, but pollack....best sport ever!

9. waynethered

You,ve all made me feel a bit better lads,cheers, ive always been an impatient git. >:D

10. Baramundi Bob

Why not spend some time reading Wayne

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=83

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/category/kayak-fishing/

11. Semtex Simon

Semtex Simon Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

some good reading Thank you Glenn

i work 4 on 4 off and everytime i,m off its blowing too much and when i,m at work :-\

12. This winter has been particularly bad...not been out in 6 months

Yes it is frustrating

U

:-[

13. Easy Yakker

Easy Yakker simply messing about in boats

I do get frustrated by the weather, but I get even more frustrated by the forecast. You cannot plan now more than 24 hours ahead, only yesterday the forecast for Monday was as good as you could want, but suddenly the winds have picked up from 4 mph to 17 mph. Like many people I have probably managed 3 launches since last October, so I'm hoping the forecasts for a hot, calm summer are true (whilst acknowledging this is pretty unlikely).

14. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Totally agree about the forecasts changing, not only the wind it's also forecast heavy rain as well as poor visibility for a time tomorrow. :'(

15. Baramundi Bob

Its spring.

16. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Although they are rarely accurate the forecast for the month ahead doesn't look too bad at all, so we should see some good yakking weather and this will of course help the arrival of our summer species along with those lovely crabs changing their jackets