1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kayak fishing competition

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ive been thinking about how difficult it is to arrange anything like this. I have watched killer run ragged with the boat fishing festival before today so appreciate how much hard work goes into things. I bet we have all been involved with committees etc before and will know that often you take a decision with the best intentions only to find later that not everyone agrees. So please dont be too hard on the organisers lads as they are doing their best. Looking at things objectively I can see both sides and I would agree that a presentation on the beach followed by an invite for everyone to the social club would be good. What I really would hate to see is this thing go pear shaped over something as trivial as this. Its the first event and we should all be pushing to make it the big success it deserves to be. :wink:

2. raymo

raymo New Member

could not agree more,,,,the late change,did not suit me so did not like it...with it being the first kayak comp a big thank you must go out to all the people who run it....so sorry for the moan and roll on saturday :embarrass: :embarrass:

3. bigfat

bigfat New Member

for me poss an hour after the weight in.a fellow yaker wants to have a go in a big game and working nights its going to be a long day,

4. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

i think we all should just devide all money and give it ramrod and spawneys wife because thats who i would put my money on winning .
    also i would like to thank spawney for putting his time and effort in for organising the kayak match give him credit where credit is due
    cheers ian

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I echo the above and hope all the work pays off, fingers crossed the weather is in a favourable mood also.
    If this years is a success then I m sure lessons will be learnt to help the match continue.

6. Baramundi Bob

Would be nice to see Marion win just to see all your faces, and the way she fishes its likely to happen.

7. robq

robq Rockling

I realise that the organisers including yourself Dave have worked really hard at trying to make this landmark event something special, you only have to look a the prizelist to see that :yes: :surprise:

I also realise that organising matches is a thankless task and that you just cant please everyone !! It wasnt my intention to undermine or overly criticise the good work done by all involved. Just to make the point that the late changes would make it awkward for some poeple.

I was just a little dissapointed that I cannot now be a part of the full event :sad:

Well done to everybody involved with the planning lets hope the weather plays ball !!

Rob

8. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

i will laugh my head of if Marion show us all how to fish and wins dont under estimate marion
    cheers ian

9. newdave

newdave Guest

so just to update, due to popular demand we are back to original with a presentation straight after the weigh in. but nothing to stop those of us that will be around going back to the Anglers for a drink in the evening.

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Wasnt sure what to do this weekend but think I am going to take the caravan onto Scalby Manor Caravan Park for the weekend, this is the closest one to the launch site 01723 366212 is the number for the site if anyone wants it, I know there is only limited space left on the camping field so be quick, Ken

11. Baramundi Bob

The event draws ever closer and Im sure everyone is now really looking forward to it. Ive spoken to a few people on the phone this week from as far away as London, Blyth and Scotland and its clear to see some people are going to travel a long way for this event, giving the match a real national feel. A few of the people Ive spoke to say they have never been to Scarborough before and were unaware of the angling festival. I would just like to take the opportunity to point you in the direction of the festival website at :

http://scarboroughanglingfestival.co.uk/

Just a few things Id like to mention are, that the festival has now been running for some 98 years with both shore and boat matches been contested. The festival has a great history and we are very lucky that the festival committee has taken this event under its umbrella and given us a lot of support with sponsorship and setting up of the event. Its a big change for the festival to host an event like this and hopefully this first event will be a big success and they will invite us all back again next year.

12. Baramundi Bob

Its the middle of the night and I seem to be awake :snore: :snore: :snore:

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

6.50 in the morning and although it seems the welsh lot did there best to nobble me with alcahol last night i an still alive - just . :happy:

14. newdave

newdave Guest

in the immortal words of captain kirk, "its life jim, but not as we know it"
    & who is Hughee !! & is groundbaiting any use in Sea fishing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    great Day :happy: :happy:

15. Baramundi Bob

Related topic here :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/north-east-coast-fishing/was-it-ever-in-doubt-sams-the-man-again/0/

16. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done everyone... :yes: I hope to join you all at next years event. :cool:

17. hatter3

hatter3 New Member

Hi guys
    Just like to say a big thanks to all the organisers for putting on a great event this is just what this sport needs.
    Although I didn't pick up a prize it was still worth the 4 hour drive from north Wales
    I got over there on Friday and meet up with Ian buzz lightyear and bassyken and spawneybass Dave and better half who all made me feel very welcome so much so that ken let us (spud,curly,tribble,and me) all kip down in his caravan on Friday night and lets just say we all had to be friendly be we did have a good laugh.
    But once again thanks to all concerned for a grate weekend and i can only see this event going from strength to strength
    roll on next year

Here are one or photos of the weekend
    Ian and the one that got away with his plug
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]