1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak fishing at the mull of galloway

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by speno, Aug 27, 2012.

1. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.408544665858970.88823.211560138890758&type=1

Just got back from our yearly trip up The Mull Of Galloway we took the kayaks again this year and had our fingers crossed the weather would be kind and we would get out on them.

All in all the weather was not to bad and we got out every day all tho some were cut short due to the wind and sea picking up.

We fished ardwell bay and port logan and had non stop action with the pollock no monsters but it keeps a smile on your face when your catching all day and i kept finding it hard to call it a day even when the weather turned for the worse.

We managed pollock upto around 4lb but lost some bigger ones even at the cost of a snapped rod for me and the odd plug.

We had to have one day in the kayaks on luce bay side and were starting to get a few bass but even this was cut short due to the wind picking up.

Every year we go up there we spend the nights bass fishing from the shore but we were finding that after a day in the kayak paddling all day it was hard to have your heart in the bass fishing and sessions were cut short and the pub won.

My best bass i got on the last night and was very welcome and at 4lb 3oz not to bad a fish as the others were only around a 1lb so came home happy.
    We woke on bank holiday monday to the worst weather we have seen up there so it was pack the car and home all in all a good few days away from the wife and kids and a few fish now its the long wait till next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=479

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Looks brilliant, I would love to take kayaks up there, but time doesn't seem to allow us to fit that in. Thanks for taking the time to write a report and posting up the pictures for us.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=479

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

some great photos there mate cant wait for the weekend now when we go up

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

nice one Keith, great report

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

7. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

thanks for reminding me harry. damo told me the other night to get some and i completely forgot. hope im not getting harrys forgetful syndrome :cheesy:

8. Semtex Simon

Semtex Simon Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fantastic report and photos especially the last one , some good fish too

are you allowed to camp there ??

thanks for posting

9. congerball

congerball Blenny

Good report Speno, nice stamp of fish there. Saw two yaks off Grennan Woods late Sunday afternoon...might have been you, nice day for it. Well looks like there's going to be a lot of site members up there this week coming. We saw the forecast and tides for this week and decided to come home to work....back up Friday for a week and a bit. Think they'll be a few on the 'local' marks!! Looking forward to it.

10. speno

No mate at most spots were we fish there are signs up saying no camping we stayed in a caravan on the clash which is close to most spots it also has a small camping field.
    Saying that every year we see people camping up there at most picnic spots and in the past we have done a bit of lets say wild camping and had no problem but there all ways a first time.

11. speno

No not us mate we seen them lads too they were on tandems they were staying on the clash to think they had a few bass down there good luck next week hope you get a few.

12. GJW

GJW Rockling

Great stuff lads. I know how much you lads look forward to your trips up there and its great to see you found the fish...