1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Fishing At St Abbs Head

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod31, Jul 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bigcod31

bigcod31 Peter Mcfarlane kaskazi dorado

Hi
    Went to st abbs with the yak and 2 friends who were going to shore fish while i paddled about, We decided to fish around the st abbs head area, a place of beauty with fantastic scenery! They gave me a hand to launch at Peticowick bay, what a t*wat of a launch, steep grass/mud/rock track then slimey rocks all the way to the waters edge.
    I got around the head where almost all the accessible rock marks were taken by anglers enjoying the lovely spell of weather.
    I had a great pollack of 7.5lb on my John wilson 6 shooter that was almost bent double under the yak as the fish kept crash diving under the yak with my spinner in it's gob :) today i had codling to 5lb some coalfish, wrasse and pollack, My mates did not fair so good only having small pollack and coalfish from the rock ends. Paddled into st abbs harbour to land as there were some big claps of thunder and did not want to be out there when the lightning started :(
    Here are a few pics from today.

The launch site
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

First fish of the day
    [​IMG]

Coal fish on spinner
    [​IMG]

5lb codling
    [​IMG]

another about 4lb
    [​IMG]

A couple of pics of my 7.5lb pollack
    [​IMG]

Me and the pollack
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another coalfish
    [​IMG]

And the rest of lovely scenery
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

Re: kayaking st abbs head

Nice one mate

Stunning scenery and a few good fish to boot.

I bet that Pollack was good fun and gave you a few 'heart in the mouth' moments.

I'm off to St Davids in Wales at the end of the month looking forward to some good Pollack fishing on the float and lures.

Ian

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done mate, looks like a nice piece of coastline there. A nice sized Pollock too. Its always good to see reports from other areas. Thankyou for posting it up.

4. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cracking pollack there,....still waiting to get one over 2lb, bet it fought like fury on the light gear
    nice pictures, looks a very pleasant place for a paddle

5. GJW

GJW Rockling

Use to love fishing St A'bbs from the shore, its such a lovelly spot and the fishing use to be very good up there, like Al (big cliff) mentioned before its a yakking paradise with lots of coves and places to get out of the wind, and with double figure pollack and cod a good possibility all with in a short paddle from the harbour...

Tightlines

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

As i have said before its a real gem unique on the eastern seaboard of the UK a place where more people should visit

7. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

That looks fanatastic. You must get to some really good spots where the cliffs are. No fear of slipping off rocks when your sitting 50 feet away in your kayak. I bet even the commercial fishing boats cannot get that close with the rocks being a danger. Its defo something i would like to try but would living so far away from the sea be a handicap.
    Mick Consett.