1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Fishing At Sandsend - Asses Kicked

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Decided on a few hours uptiding off Sandsend Today. Myself and Mike 33 were met by the gruesome twosome Dan And Damo. After watching the weather most of the morning we finally paddled from Sandsend at around lunchtime and we were soon anchoring up on the south hard.

After our last outing at Robin Hoods Bay when the 2 youngsters mussled in on all our fish we told them to set their own anchor today. On went 2 housebricks from a wall at Spittle Bridge and the lads were in business. Myself and Mike deployed his "big bouy" anchor system and we were soon in business too.

The first 90 minutes was dire. No tide and no fish either. Then with the first push of flood Damo was into his first fish. A nice codling around 3 pounds. Then we had a stroke of bad luck, Mikes new anchor system gave out on us and we were adrift. Up came the brick and we paddled out leaving Dan and Damo in the fishless desert.

Down went the anchor and we were soon back in business. But again no fish. After and hour we paddled back in to Dan and Damo who had stuck it out in the fishless desert. Well the little buggers had 3 nice fish each. We attached onto the back of them and quickly had a couple of fish each, whilst Dan And Damo managed a few more.

Not the best of days for myself and Mike with 2 cod each but the young lads must have enjoyed it today and they kicked our asses with 5 or 6 cod each. Damo having the biggest at around the 5 pound mark. I also managed a half decent one at 4-1/2 lb's (a first entry in the hall of fame kayak cod section).

Sorry no pictures at the moment but Ill down load them later. Im sure the other lads will have a few snaps to show too.

All in all not such a bad day for the time of year. A few fish each and we even acquired some Knowledge of a local plaice mark from one of the charter skippers who was anchored up not far away in search of flat fish. Im sure me and Mike are going to steel a march in the kayak fishing league with some flounders and soles available on our new found mark - roll on April.

2. richie7

richie7 Blenny

Re: Asses Kicked

Well done lads,a few fish and if the weather was anything like it was just west of Hull you must have had a lovely day afloat, it was almost spring like here !

Rich

3. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Sounds like you had a canny day between you all :yes:wish i could say the same ,i had intended to go to runswick and meet the lads with the kyacks,but at 6-30 this morn i started with the trotsky's :vomit: just about got over it now ,so i will meet them next time they are out and about :wounded:

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Told you to watch them two lads Glenn - think they are gonna kick a few @rses this summer :cheesy:

Me - had to stay home and replace wheel bearings and ball joints on the old van :sad:

5. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

another great day,

unfortunatly we didnt realise how big the surf was on the way back in...damo was tipped out when we landed on the beach and gave two of his fish back to the sea. unlucky mate :wounded:

my catch 5 fish for 15lb2oz biggest 5lb on the nose

[​IMG]

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done lads great session. I really need to get out uptiding.

7. newdave

newdave Guest

8. Baramundi Bob

Knocked a wall down with the car to get bricks today. I cant say much more as his mum and dad read the site.

9. Baramundi Bob

Dan the Pollock tops the hall of fame

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/hall-of-fame/index.php

Well done Dan.

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Top result lads, and well done Danny boy for toping the hall of fame :cool:

11. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

probly wont be for long tho, it wont be long before the big guns are out showing us newbies how to do it

12. Baramundi Bob

Thats a good fish Dan and I think would have stayed in the top 10 cod all last saeson although Sam nailed the top 3 beasts.

13. mike33

mike33 New Member

Dan and Damo sure did show us how its done today :educated: well done to em both :yes: A few photos to follow when I get it sorted.

14. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

it must be yours and glenns expert tuition :educated:

15. Baramundi Bob

That's what I put it down to Dan :laugh: :cheesy:

16. mike33

mike33 New Member

its one big learning curve :yes:

17. Baramundi Bob

Some snaps from today

[​IMG]

Dan and Damo who parked at Whitby

[​IMG]

Knackered when they walked to where we launched

[​IMG]

A Guest appearance from Max Wall

[​IMG]

Back to base

[​IMG]

Dan and Damo in the mist

[​IMG]

Our new motto.

18. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

never again are we walking from there...we've learnt our lesson about being tight on parking charges, i think we'lkl just pay the couple of quid next time

19. mike33

mike33 New Member

yorkshire born 'n' bread eat all, drink all, pay nowt.........Max wall said that!! :laugh:

20. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done all of you. :yes: . i think there should be a whip round after i have done my jump and i live for a yak for john :laugh: .

well done lads.