1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Fishing At Sandsend - A Good Plaice To Start The Year

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, May 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I decided on a few hours out on the kayak this afternoon. I took the easy option for the first session as I felt my paddle fitness wouldnt be upto Skinnigrove for the first time out.

I headed out of Sandsend at around 3.30 and went onto the soft ground to see what was alive on there. I set up on the drift and fished 2 hook rigs baited with a mix of frozen crab, worm and sandeel.

[​IMG]

After about 2 hours fishing I had landed 3 nice plaice and a couple of dabs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As the tide was slacking off I decided to venture a little further out onto the hard ground. Instantly I was into cod and the next 40 minutes were quite hetic as I took 6 nice cod in 2 drifts and roughly another 10 undersize along with a few coalies.

[​IMG]

Then as the tide slackened right off, so did the bites so I decided to head for home.

Not a bad session at all for the first outing of the year. Lets hope there is more to come.

2. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Absolutly Fantastic Glenn.

I was thinking of going tomorrow afternoon after work to see if there was any plaice. i guess i know the answer now.

Well done again mate.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Just cooking them up for supper Dan. Let us know if your out tomorrow, I may join you.

4. langy

langy Rockling

nice report glenn, nice to see a few fish aswell

5. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Looked nice conditions.

I need to up my Plaice count this year, defo going to be a target.

Excellent result and report..... Cheered me up on my nightshift!!

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

great stuff Glenn, we went out of runswick after cod, not as hectic as your session, report to follow

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Nice report Glenn, the sea like glass....wasn t that smooth down here.

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Glenn, some nice Plaice there :yes: Nice result, myself and Matty did a little flattie fishing at Runny but it was pants.

9. robq

robq Rockling

nice report Glenn :cool:

Well done on the plaice too, still never caught one !!

10. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Great sesh fella..........its great to get the reports again.................

11. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

great stuff glenn :happy:

12. PNGWIN

PNGWIN New Member

Wow glen, grate result. The sea looks good too. How Meany will be out tomorrow I wonder . Summers hear lads time to dust of the yak :yes:

13. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Interesting them plaice Glenn, I think I am going to have to target them and other species, I went out jigging today but I seem to have lost the dedication I once had, really just looking forward to bass and pollock fishing from the kayak, what methods do you use for plaice, such as rigs, and are you drifting or stationary, do you need a good tide pull?????

14. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great report,great weather and great photos. Really really really homesick now.

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Nice mixed bag Glenn, nice to see a couple of Plaice,, seems the fish are starting to show now, will have to get my backside into gear.

16. V8_Rob

V8_Rob New Member

What a great session, lovely weather and a bag of fish... what more could you ask for :happy:

17. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

good fishing glenn its nice to see some fish showing

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Great bag of fishes glen . Nice to see you havent given up with them plaice ....i fancy a good go for them .

19. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Some canny fish there Glen, what sort of weight do you recon those place were,
    i bet they were sweet as honey mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :hungry:

20. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Nice fish Glenn and as usual some cracking shots.Have you tried experimenting with a spoon for the flats,interesting to see that first fish looks like it was on the top hook.