1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KAYAK COURSE - Kayak Safety, and a bit of a social gathering.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Dorado, Mar 8, 2009.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Brilliant Ian, depending on workload I may stay Sunday night. You welcome on the Saturday if you like, will be having a bit of a social on the campsite Saturday PM :cheesy:

2. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

So I take it the first part of the course on Sunday will be recovery then Ken :laugh:

3. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Saturday for me please.

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

no problem mate, didn't realise but just spoke to Paul (Darnsalf) there are a few guys coming from further afield too. :happy:

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Saturday

Glenn
    Damo
    Benq23
    Mike33
    P.N.Gwin
    Biscuitlad
    Ken
    Bigfat

Sunday

Gary
    Dav
    Matty
    Sam
    Newyacker
    Mr Softee
    Corkyballs
    Longdog
    Lee

6. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Weathers not looking brilliant, typical after a nice week too

7. darnsarf

darnsarf Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello

I'm a Whitby virgin (theres always one, if you look hard enough :embarrass:). All the arrangements for the course are now in place. I have just read this thread from the start and my apologies for not registering sooner but well done to Ken for doing all the leg work. For those attending you will have a very full day made even busier as the Staithes Lifeboat will be joining us on Saturday (subject to call outs) to train with us and I have organised a flare demo on Sunday. I believe Simon is hoping to get the Runswick boat out to train with us as well. Thanks to Andy and Tony from the RNLI for setting this up.

Simon and myself will train you to just short of BCU 3 standard and I can promise a few laughs along the way. We will finish the day with a Kayak Polo match, not for the faint hearted :scare: :laugh: Must pack the ball.

I will be setting off in the morning from Southampton and getting upt north about mid afternoon. John and Helen are traveling even further and a special thanks to them for their support.

I am really looking forward to meeting you all I suspect we are going to have a right Craic.

Paul

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

what time do we start ??

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I think its on the beach at 9am Glenn

10. Baramundi Bob

Shit Ill have to get up early.

11. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

tell me about it.......

12. newdave

newdave Guest

thought you would all be going for a couple of hours fishing before the course :yes:
    Have a nice day, sorry i cant be with you

Dave

13. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

9am on the beach?? Why?

How about 10am, for those who have to travel and deal with screaming babies?!

In fact scrub that, I won't be getting up there until 11am probably... :sad:

14. Nemo

Nemo Blenny

Does anyone know if theres room for an extra one on Sunday, i've had the dreaded lurgy this week :sick: but i may be able to get myself there now (brave little soldier that I am :cheesy:)

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Yep 9am on the beach plz, if your late ok but please get there as soon as you can. We all here on the site now. Nemo yes mate your welcome to join us. Bring your packed lunch & your £25 donation. Anyone needs to contact, 07843 625945. Ken

16. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

Hope you all have a good weekend, I think the forecast now looks a bit better than it did yesterday. Sorry I can't join you but there's a lot of fish out there needing caught this weekend and someones got to do it..... :embarrass:

Neil.

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Good luck Neil, as long you not goin to Crinan without us. We have Simon reading us his latest article on broadband radar with a tentative, nay critical audience of 8 in my caravan awning under the influence of a lot of alcahol.
    See us bein band from yet another campsite :cheesy:

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Hello everyone ,hope your day go's ok , i will be paying a visit to runswick on sunday morning just to specktate and maybee meet a few people ,put some faces to names,bassyken who gave me his half price trip on sea urchin,corkyballs who i bought a cracking good reel off and my mates garry and dav who i do a bit of fishing with, hope the weather is good ,what was it like today guy's any good, see you to moz HARRY

19. Baramundi Bob

Great day but sadly Ive left my paddle at Runswick. If any of you guys staying on the campsite read this is there any chance you can nip down and have a look if its still there.

20. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I got it mate, you want it for tomorrow call me