1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KAYAK COURSE - Kayak Safety, and a bit of a social gathering.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Dorado, Mar 8, 2009.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

No worries Shammy, hope to see you up here soon

Ken

2. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Don't know what is on the previous 7 pages...had abot 6 hours sleep since Thursday, and got two boat features to write today - deadlines!

Anyway, contacted Runswick boat, they will definitely be down on Sunday morning and will be happy to link up. Stathies boat no reply as yet, but will try again, maybe they have sufficient crew available to come round on Saturday for an exercise withus. Here's hoping.

Off to Poole fo r08.00 in the morning for two more days boat work (on road for 04.00 in morning....)

See you all Saturday/Sunday. I will travel up on Friday after lunch...working on Friday as well..

Those coming, remember to bring:
    kayak
    paddle
    B.A.
    paddle leash if you have one - if not, I will have some with me on the day.

Also worth having with you, but not required on your person for the "course" elements all your safety kit:
    First Aid kit, VHF, etc, etc.

When we do the course, just have the very minimum out with you - we will be within 100m of the shore or so for much of it (depth permitting). Anyone wanting to venture off for some fishing in the evenign - I would like to get the rod out for a few hours if I can keep my eyes open!

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Looking forward to it Simon, should be a great day :cool:

4. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what time do we start on saturday?

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Dont forget your packed Lunch Ben and enough extra for me and Mike.

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

9am on the beach as far as I'm aware. Will be dragging the caravan up thursday night so that its done for friday. I'm going to forgoe the course on the saturday, maybe do it on the sunday depending on numbers. Will be giving our Ducky some support for his jump. Depending on tide/weather we could actually paddle from Runswick, if not we can launch from behind the supermarket in the town. Be good if anyone else whos not on the course could join us. Know Spud will do it with me. :happy:

Ken

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Like the idea of supporting Ducky, would be good to have a bunch of yakkers down there to show our support.

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I would have liked to see Ducky jump, but Im on the course. Thanks for going down to show your support Ken.

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

dont forget the camera ken, dont get to close cos that rope will be at its limit and i many just dunk my head in the water :laugh: :laugh:

10. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thought you'd be catching yours and mikes glen

11. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well after my jump i am off to the pub for lunch, close to the jump cos i dont think i will be able to walk far :laugh:

12. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Jelly and Kim now dropping out, sorry but a shoulder injury preventing me from getting out.

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thats a shame Dave, hope it gets better soon, Simon also running one at Sharkatag if your going.
    Ken

14. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I hope the rest of you lads and lasses can make it, if anyone is having trouble let me know. There is still room on the Saturday if anyone wants to attend. Don't want to preach but this really is the best thing you can attend to keep you safe on the water. If your kayaking PLEASE DO THE COURSE.

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Looking forward to it Ken.. :yes:

16. newdave

newdave Guest

got to give my apology's for absence unfortunately almost 10,000 miles away & her who must be obeyed cant get weekends off. hope the weather is kind & you all enjoy the weekend.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder Dave, hope it wasn,t the casting that done it :wink: If Kim is looking for a lift i am sure one of the young lads would be happy to look after her :wink: :wink: :tease:

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

You ve guessed spot on Dave,had two chucks with a rod far too powerful for me and haven t been able able to pick a rod up for over a week now.So I m still on a rest regime as got another comp this Sunday but doubt will be able to cast,but incase not aggravating it yakking.Besides it really was painful last week and don t want to risk paddling out on the sea with an injury.......would go completely against some of the points I know Simon will raise ,ssuch as paddling fitness.

I m hoping this year is better for me than last, but it s not getting off to a good start,an injury,a 5 week course at work just started and a bllody expensive kayak gathering dust along with a couple of hundred punds worth of bass lures that i ve been aquiring over the winter !!

Good luck to those going on the course ,you will I m sure all benefit from it and wish I was able to go out but not risking long term damage to my shoulder.

Cheers Jellyworm.

18. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

sorry ken but im gonna have to pull out as im away all weekend.

maybe someone could put some pics and info on here about the day and what was discussed for the benifit of us unlucky few

19. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Shame Dan, I would have liked you there. Is Damo still coming? Does anyone want to do the Saturday instead just to even the numbers up?

So we got..

Saturday

Glenn
    Damo
    Benq23
    Mike33
    P.N.Gwin
    Ken
    Bigfat

Sunday

Gary
    Dav
    Matty
    Sam
    Newyacker
    Mr Softee
    Biscuitlad
    Corkyballs
    Davo
    Longdog
    Lee

20. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

Can't wait for this weekend - yaks on the motor already. :nerd:

Just keeping an eye on the weather to see if the family are going to brave it or whether I'll be on me tod.

If I come up on me tod I'll be up Sunday morning early doors and stop over Sunday night so I can fish after the course and Monday morning before working Monday aft. wahooooo !