1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KAYAK COURSE - Kayak Safety, and a bit of a social gathering.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Dorado, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thanks Ken, Im not fishing in the morning as I have something I need to do. I may pop up there in the afternoon or if not maybe you could let me know when your driving home and I could meet you on the way past. Also I owe some money so Ill give you that at the same time.

Thanks again - Glenn

2. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

I was out Cod bashing in the NE this afternoon and listened to the Coastguard on the Radio speaking to an RAF SAR pilot. They were airlifting someone into the helicopter from a RIB as part of a training exercise. I just wondered if one of you lads had been given a free ride in the big yellow bird.... :happy:

Neil.

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Looking forward to a paddle tomorow, sounds like i shall have to bring me goggles n a spare pair of clothes , :cheesy: :cheesy:.

4. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Unfortunatley not lindisfarne, im sure that would have been a right (if not unnerving) laugh
    Was a brilliant day, great to finally put some faces to names .....Ken I cant belive you yakked from runswick to whitby you crazy B**t*rd...thanks for the wheels by the way
    Im going to be down runswick early tomorrow for a fishing sesh so long as its not blowing a gale when I get up.....if anyones there thats not on the course tomorow, I would welcome the company
    what a great bunch or Lads (and lass) brilliant instruction from simon, darnsarf (sorry bud I forgot your real name :embarrass:) helen and john. and the inclusion of the RNLI made the day in my opinion, what a selfless bunch they are, cant belive they give up so much of their spare time to rescue people at no gain for themselves.
    I would seriously reccommend this course/meet for anyone on the water...just learning the self rescue techniques has improved my confidence, not to mention the paddle tuition etc.

all in all a memorable day, hope I never have to be heaved aboard a lifeboat again though, :cheesy:

5. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Yes, great day. Got a tad cold and wet, but it was great to meet everyone and learn more safety stuff. Like Glen, I managed to forget something - my lunchbox! (last seen half full of dates and brazil nuts!)

When are the photos going up?

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well after my 2 jumps today silver ferrit took me and ken back to runswick after he paddled to watch me do my jumps, he very kindly let me have a go in his yak and dam its great,

and also nice putting faces to the names and meeting some people from far and wide even down south :laugh: :whistle:, i can not recall there names cos my ed is spinning with the after partie :laugh: that as i write this will still be going on, oh and when you see the silver ferrit ask him about his tent :laugh: :whistle:. so thank you ken, and your good lady for bring me back and the fine food and ale,

nice to meet you all :crazy:

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

just saw the weather forecast it's looking good :wink: light sowesterly ,and sunny all day ,18 degree's (but a bit colder if you capsize :whistle:) get my breckie see you down there :cool:

8. bigfat

bigfat New Member

great course,what a laugh,get ready to get wet

9. Nemo

Nemo Blenny

Absolutely gutted but I can't make it today :cry: i still feel sh!te and spending time in cold water in a wetsuit ain't gonna make me feel any better I think.Glad everyones having a good time and getting lot's of benefit from it. Did someone mention the Darnsarf/Dorado roadshow going to shark-a-tag as I'm determined to do this course regardless of where it's held given the opportunity.

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Hello all ,well went to the meet today ,met quite afew people from the forum,good to put faces to names ,even though i wasn't a kyacker yet i found it very informative , i couldn't believe how far some had come,well i hope you all enjoyed your wekend who knows next time we meet i may have a kayack myself :whistle: oh heres a picture of the sunday session ,i have some more but my photobucket is playing up [​IMG]

11. Longdog

Longdog www.didgeridooanddance.co.uk

Great course. Thanks to Paul, Simon, Jonh, Helen, Ken and the RNLI for it all.

Sorry I had to leave early but it was too much for me to do a full day like that. I did get a lot out of what I did do though. Managed to hobble back up the hill and home for a couple of hours in bed and plenty of ibuprofen.

Definitely recommended to everyone.

Kev

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

Great day ......defo reccomend it to anyone with a kayak .....Thanks guys......

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

A great day, well worth doing and it was great to meet so many great people.

A big big thanks to Simon, Paul, John and Helen. Really appreciate the time and effort you have all put in to make it a success.

14. Baramundi Bob

I'll second that. I must admit I had been sceptical about the course prior to going on it. But it was time well spent. It was good to have the experience of being in the water and learning a couple of ways to get out. I'm now confident I can get out the water and on my yak should the worse happen. It was also good to learn the assisted rescue which makes getting out even easier.

It was also good to have the experience of the lifeboat rescues. The professionalism of these guys is a pleasure to see. Friendly, helpful and bloody good at what they do. Then the onshore advisor Andrew Ely ? (Sorry forgot his name) spent all afternoon noon with us.

It was a good course and I would recommend it to anyone, but Probably the highlight of the day was meeting some really nice people. John and Helen were a pleasure to have around, a good laugh and interesting to talk to. Paul and Simon, excellent teachers, they knew how to make it interesting which is the hardest part of teaching anything. Thanks Paul for sharing you pollock fishing techniques with us. Then there was all the lads on the course, I don't think there was a bad one amongst them. Buscuit lad had me in stitches on a few occasions and then there was that crazy bugger - DILLIGAF, what more can I say.

My pictures to follow.

15. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

is that dilligaf the fella on the left of harrys picture cos he was a good lad thy all were and are, i had a good laugh at club kens last nite, thanks again and nice to meet you all :butt:

16. Baramundi Bob

17. Baramundi Bob

18. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

i look good in a yak, well i think so, good pictures glenn, you got that jump one??? was it ok taking a picture of the picture, and thanks for all your support with the jump :yes:

you got my good side :laugh:

19. Baramundi Bob

20. carpyken

carpyken New Member

what a cracking weekend, finishing off the whiskey tonight with John, Helen and Paul, Simon just shot off for home. The guys have nothing but praise for every one of you, so well done lads.

A cracking weekend, and to just to top it off for me I had a plaice tonight, spots n all :)

Got loads of pics from todays course so will load them tomorrow when I get home.