1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KAYAK COURSE - Kayak Safety, and a bit of a social gathering.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Dorado, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Starting to organise ourselves for course dates this year.

We are doing several down south, one in Cornwall, one in Scotland (Luce Bay the following weekend from the sharkatag) and one in Exmouth, September.

When would like the one in Yorkshire? I have been informed Runswick is probably the best bet venue wise....I have never been there, so don't have a clue.

Is end April too early? Would it be better in the siummer when the water is a bit warmer?

Let me know please so we can plan it - would there be enough interest for 2 days up there - do one weekend with a course each day.

Open to suggestions.

Oh, by the way, for those that don't kow. The Kayak Fishing Course has been approved by the RNLI and we have been involved with helping them make their new safety DVD. We have devised the course specifically for those going fishing from SOTs, but it is equally as useful for anyone just going paddling.

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Re: KAYAK COURSE

Any time is best for me simon . no matter what day ill be there ....should be well up and running by then ....Cheers

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

same here

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Any time will do, just let us know.

Nice pub at the top of the bank too.

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Pub at the top , sounds a tent jobbie... :cheesy:....

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

If you ask i am sure some members have excelent photo's they can post ,for you to see exactly what runswickbay is like , :yes: i have one or two myself ,but i am sure a kyack man has some better ,

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Great idea Simon, april/may is probably good, it gets alot of us through it early on in the season before the summer kicks in properly. Runswick is good, good campsite at the top too if anyone wants to make a weekend of it and have a days fishing too. Count me in mate - declined your last one in Plymouth as my arms were falling off :happy:

Ken

8. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

I`m in Simon, anytime you see fit.
    cheers

9. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/kayak-launch-sites/runswick-bay-yorkshire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Thanks chaps - where is the surf for doing surf launches/landings then? !!

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

theres usually a bit there Simon :happy:

12. Baramundi Bob

If you want surf youd be better off at Sandsend. After Port mulgrave, runswick is about the most protected bay on the local coastline.

13. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Nah - we'll just paddle out onto the reef!

14. Baramundi Bob

Your mad.

But if you promise to pick me out of the water Ill follow.

15. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Here is a pic of an owner - his first time ever in a kayak - within 2 hours of him getting on the water for the first time....

[​IMG]

16. spud

spud New Member

Screamed like a big girl he did Simon had forgot to tell him how to turn around :yes: :blindfold:

17. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

me n my lad will probably be up for any saturday.....he has footy sun mornings

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thats great news Sage, think Simon looking for about 10 yackers per course with the possibility of doing one course saturday and one sunday. Thats 6 or 7 names so far . . . :whistle:

19. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

whenever it is you can count me in for definate. nothing more important than safety

20. mr softee

mr softee New Member

Whats the course emphasis on Ken fishing from the yak or issues with just Kayaking or both.