1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak caught sea trout

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Sep 2, 2008.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Had a 1st tonight, a sea trout while plugging for bass off Runswick way.

[​IMG]

What a scrap, don't think it realised it was hooked till it saw the yak and then did it go some . . .

Another great afternoon with Dave, Marion and Ian07. . .Shattered, post more tomorrow

Ken

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Thats a turn out for the books Ken :surprise: Your cap is becoming laden down with feathers :cool: Well done mate.

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

It was a beautiful fish Ray and took the lure at dusk in 4ft of water. In all honesty they had been launching themselves into the air around us all afternoon, one I witnessed launched itself at least 6 foot high.

Once hooked it jumped twice - I've never experienced anything like it :happy:

4. robq

robq Rockling

bloody ell Ken !! you sure are leading the Yak fishing pack at the moment :surprise: :surprise: :happy: :happy:

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Bloody nice fish that ken , got me thinking again , do you think it had ure plug out of hunger or anger ?

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

nice one Ken, We've seen loads of them jumping out but didnt really think they would take our plugs

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice One Ken thats a great catch and another first for the yakkers. I was told last year that they get them this time of year around the Staithes area too from the small boats, so it could be worth a bit more effort on that front.

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well done Ken, another fine catch :cool:

You'll have to start being one of those guy's that lists your various kayak caught fish at the bottom of every post you make, unfortunately I doubt the website's server could handle that much info! You've come along way since winter :yes:

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Just re reading what you said about the trout not realising it was hooked Ken. Anyone who has caught sea trout will tell you this is quite a commen penomenon, especially in the river. I really believe they do not think they have been caught untill they see you. Ive seen a few people land a trout onto a river bank without a landing net without any fight at all, even the bigg trout of 10 pounds plus behave this way too.. Then when they hit the deck they go ballistic. I dont know why it happens but it does. Obviously if they do wake up you know about it, as you found out :laugh: :cheesy:

10. spud

spud New Member

Nice fish TroutyKen :yes:

11. newdave

newdave Guest

think the name might get too long soon, bassytopeycodytroutyken :laugh: :laugh:

12. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Nice Kenneth old boy - been hoping to hook one of them for ages, seen plenty jumping around Holbeck on the early morning tides but they never take the plug...well done but don't peak before Sunday

13. bucko

bucko Guest

Nice one Ken- that'll make a fine meal.
    Funnily enough I've had two from the salt this year- a first for me.
    It goes to show as well that while the Welsh rivers and ones in other areas stop their sea trout fishing about now due to them being past there best and getting stale our North East sea trout remain silver and fresh to the end of the season and beyond.

14. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

well done ken nice fish
    cheers ian

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thanks guys, whish i could say I have been studying and targetting them for a while but unfortunately this definately not the case, was just trolling a plug for a bass :embarrass: .

Not sure Dav, the rear treble was firmly in its mouth, presume just a predatory responce. And thats good reading Glenn, I was not sure if I was just winding in a piece of weed or something similar, I wound slowly feeling for kicks but it was not until it got within 10 foot of the yak that I was certain, I'm just glad I had my clutch set correct.

16. mww

mww Rockling

...well done Ken, cracking fish. :happy:

Mart

17. IanB

IanB Blenny

Well done Ken, lovely fish !!!

18. newdave

newdave Guest

bloody tasty fish them Sea trout :yes:
    I reckon it would have looked a bit like this if you had kept it & cooked it mate :wink:
    [​IMG]

19. carpyken

carpyken New Member

That looks mighty tasty . . .damn n blast :cheesy: I had to make do with a piece of gammon from asda and a rubber egg . . . please someone teach our lass to cook eggs :laugh:

20. wildcard

wildcard Guest

Beautifully marked specimen to boot, well done. :blindfold:

wildcard