1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Caught Biggest Cod Competition - December

Discussion in 'Whitby Angling Supplies Heaviest Fish Competition' started by carpyken, Dec 1, 2009.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

From the 1st October the focus of the main heaviest fish competition will switch from the kayak to shore fishing. But for the winter months we thought it would be fun to run a seperate kayak comp for the biggest cod of the month.

A £20 voucher for the tackle shop of your choice goes to the captor of the biggest cod of the month. Open UK boundaries

Rules Of The Competition

Catch a cod
    Weigh It Accurately - at home or on the shore.
    Photograph It
    Make A Post including photographs, the weight of the fish, and some details of how you caught it.

The winner each month will be the captor of the heaviest fish. Each monthly winner will receive a £20 tackle voucher to spend at the tackle shop of your choice.

2. newdave

newdave Guest

leading the field so far 6lb 9oz
    [​IMG]

3. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Nice fish Ken :yes: its more than us shore boys are getting at the moment,did you have to go far for them :cool:

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Aye, nice one Ken. I was out on Friday and lost a fish of about 6-7lb just by the yak. So close yet so far! :cry:

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thanks for putting that up Dave, Oh damn you didn't did you Sam, gutted for you :sad: , ner not too far Harry, just out from Jacksons Bay.

ken

6. V8_Rob

V8_Rob New Member

I fished a new mark in the Bristol Channel today. Bait was double squid tipped with rag on a 6/0 pennel rig. About an hour before high water my 6lb outfit swas subjected to a couple of gentle taps... and up came this !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cant type much more right now as I'm knackered, there's a few more details on my blog.

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

just read your blog,quite a good blog,and some nice fish caught,well done :cool:

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

hell of a fish Rob, somehow i dont think that will get beat any time soon! well done

9. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Too right on that one Matty. Is this the first 20lb+ yak caught cod, I haven`t heard of any other.

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thats got to be the biggest UK kayak caught cod - well done Rob, I like your "my 6lb outfit was subjected to a couple of gentle taps... and up came this !"

That thing must have lead you a merry dance on a 6lb outfit especially with a bit of the notorious Bristol Channel tide running :cheesy:

Well done mate, definately a new milestone in kayak angling.

Ken

11. V8_Rob

V8_Rob New Member

Yup, I missed a wee bit of detail out there :laugh:

Cheers for the comments fellas, I'll upload some video on Friday.

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Fudge me! That is a nice Cod Rob :yes: Must be the biggest Cod from a kayak so far, hell of a fish!

13. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

B@**A*d!!!!!!
    knocked me way off the biggest yak caught cod so far
    awesome fish mate....dont think its going to be beaten....at least not this month :tease:
    really well done on that, fish of a lifetime
    what a beast

14. 01kayak

01kayak Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

best just give rob the prize now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: well done jeff

15. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

I can not see the Picture cos i am on my phone. But buy what everyone else has put i take its a good fish. Well done mate.

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

It is a big fish ,and a lovely fish, :yes: