1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Angling Safety Course July 5th & 6th - Last Few Places!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by andym, May 14, 2014.

1. andym

andym Rockling

Its soon creeping up on us and there are still places available on both Saturday and Sunday 5th &6TH July for the BCU kayak safety courses and limited availability on the VHF courses

If you haven't yet done one of these training courses in my opinion they are worth there weight in gold even if you have been participating in the sport a while as I had before doing the course I was amazed by how much I learned by spending a few hours in the capable hands of Kim and Ken and to any newcomers to the sport its a great way to fast track your progress and boost your confidence on (and IN) the water

Runswick Bay offers the perfect venue for this course offering shelter from most conditions and stunning views to learn in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These courses will be delivered by Level 5 BCU Coach Kim Bull assisted by Ken Oliver and covers everything from boat handling to various re entry and assistance procedures to anchoring and the use of drogues also a great discussion on equipment, clothing and trip planning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Links to previous years courses below

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=27233.0

Please contact Fiona at 1st Wet & Wild to get booked up - http://wet-and-wild.co.uk/contact-us

also there is a lot more going on over the weekend all details can be found here - http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=33898.0

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Re: Runswick Bay BCU kayak Safety Course July 5th & 6th

Thanks for that Andy, yes there are still spaces on both days. If your fairly new to the sport of kayak fishing we cannot emphasise enough on how important it is that you spend a day doing this, it will set you up with all the important fundamentals to start you kayak fishing safely and efficiently..

3. andym

andym Rockling

Re: Runswick Bay BCU kayak Safety Course July 5th & 6th

Bump not long now and know there are a few relatively new to the sport and some old hands who could learn some potentially life saving skills here worth its weight in gold

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I need to fill a few places on Sunday guys. So what I'm proposing is if any of you have wives, girlfriends, mums, sons, daughters or even mates who have not paddled before but would enjoy the experience - do get them involved. For 40 quid we can supply all the kit including boat, and give them a days fun and tuition on sit in top kayaks.

Give it some thought and get persuading :)

Ken

5. vrs_1

vrs_1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Kayak Angling Safety Course July 5th & 6th - Last Few Places!!

The date is creeping up now. I did this course myself and I would say it is a must for anyone who is new to kayak fishing it really does show you the ropes :) and how to get the most from your experience on the water in a safe and controlled way.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6. wayne peart

wayne peart I love shiny things!

Hi, I am a novice Yakker who would definitely benefit from the course 5/6 july. Are there any places left? Cheers

7. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Give Fi a ring at 1st Wet & Wild asap.

There are a few places left.

Ian

8. wayne peart

wayne peart I love shiny things!

Thanks for quick reply. Sent Fiona an email, so fingers crossed I will get on the course.

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Still a couple of places left on both days, it would be really good to get these course full up as normal. :)

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Nearly booked up on both days. Be quick if you wish to attend the BCU endorsed & certificated Kayak Angling Safety Course being delivered by one of the most highly accredited coaches in the UK - Level 5 BCU provider Kim Bull. And at the subsidised cost of just 40 quid, its very good value..

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just about full now, might be able to squeeze the odd one in if you ask nicely :)