1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Angling Safety Course - 15th June and 16th June 2013

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Feb 12, 2013.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hi all, as part of the Runswick Kayak Fishing Festival we are running the really popular BCU Kayak Angling Safety Course - one course on both days of the event. This will be delivered by Level 5 BCU Coach Kim Bull.

If your a kayak angler and have not attended one of these workshops yet I cannot emphasise enough at how important it is to come and complete one of these modules, you'll enjoy it, become a more efficient paddler and certainly be safer on the water.

[​IMG]

The objective of this module will not be to teach fishing, however, it will provide guidance to anglers in respect of boat handling, safety, self rescue, equipment storage, and safe mooring and anchoring.

Do book soon, can I ask if your not fishing the match, maybe your just considering 'kayak fishing', then do book onto Sundays course, all equipment including clothing and kayak can be loaned to you.

Price is just £39 per person.

Booking form here: http://www.scarboroughanglingfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/booking-form-runswick1.pdf

More details of the weekend here: http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=29744.0

Any questions do feel free to pm me or ask below.

Many thanks Ken

2. andym

andym Rockling

I can really recommend this course invaluable regardless of experience

Some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Two more booked on this week, come on you new lads, it'll be the best 39 quid you'll ever spend on your kayak angling :happy:

4. sambam

sambam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Same as andym, I can recommend the course for anyone, money well spent,

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thank you for the latest booking forms guys. Saturdays session is filling up fast, still room on Sundays course. Both days cater for all levels of paddler but Sunday will be ideal for those not fishing the match and who are thinking of just starting out in kayak fishing, some or most of the gear will available for you to use on the day if your not yet equipped.

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You,re all holding your paddles wrong :wink:

7. Hi where is the first photo of please

Cheers

U

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

It's Runswick U and last years course :happy:

9. Jordy

Jordy New Member

Hi fellas. Would this course be worthwhile for a complete novice who hasn't kayak'd before but is keen to learn to kayak then go fishing?

10. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

not just worthwhile Jordy, the best £40 you could spend :yes:. I think the plan is to get the absolute beginners on the Sunday if possible.

11. Jordy

Jordy New Member

Thanks for the quick reply Spawney. Booking now. Cheers.

Jordy

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Highly recommended Jordy, Sunday's course will be ideal for you and will be a massive confidence booster as well. I've been kayak fishing for 5 years but hope to attend the saturday course as a refresher.

Best possible time for you to do it, there will be lots of kayak anglers about all weekend so you can see how they are rigged out, try some of the demo boats and chat with plenty of us if you need to pick our brains on anything :yes:

13. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Jordy, I did the coarse last year I was new to it all really is worth it. Covers everything you need to be confident to get out there. Best money you will spend

14. carpyken

carpyken New Member

A few places left for Saturday but only one place left for Sunday :happy:

Booking form here:

http://www.scarboroughanglingfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/booking-form-runswick1.pdf

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just a quick update all...

Saturday 15th June - 5 places left only.

Sunday 16th June - all now fully booked.

Many thanks to all those who have got their booking forms in, do get your name down soon please guys :happy:

http://www.scarboroughanglingfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/booking-form-runswick1.pdf

Ken