1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayak Ahoy

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, May 3, 2007.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I,m probably putting myself in the firing line knowing you lot but all being well I,ll be collecting my Ocean Prowler 13 Angler kayak on Saturday from Robin Hood Watersports. Iv,e been trying to get everything sorted these last couple of weeks. Got myself a spinning rod, I had a nice little Penn fixed spool reel and a ABU boat rod which I won but never thought I,d use and I purchased a spinning rod from e.bay.Made my rigs and rotten bottem anchor,s ;D Got some shads, leadheads and braid from Bill Costing and other bits and bobs. All I need now is the saftey gear and paddle of course. Been scouring the net for as much info as possible i.e. GPS, Fishfinders and how to get back into the kayak when it overturns etc and a load of other stuff which I won,t bore you with. Hoping to go out over the weekend as I think the wind is going to go s.w. With a bit of luck I might get back and tell you about my maiden voyage.

2. steerser

steerser Blenny

the best of british to you my friend ;)
    don't know anything about kayaking, but make sure you know the score before you set out.
    have a go on a river or reservoir mate..first

3. Acko

Acko Rockling

Big Boat, Little Boat?
    Common sense Mate... BE SAFE....

4. Acko

Acko Rockling

Check this site out.
    http://www.kayakfishinguk.net/news.php

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Cheers lads, I won,t be going out unless it,s flat calm at first. When the weather and sea warms up a bit I,ll put in some time in the surf and turn it over and so on just so I know my limitations. I,m hoping Quint is going to come with me also just to show me the ropes, plus saftey in numbers ofcourse. I keep humming the Titanic song :p

6. Acko

Acko Rockling

Ive got a 17 foot boat and I wont be going out till its flat calm. LOL
    Check out KFUK my mate Andy has been running it a yr or two. He brought his Kayaks and his gear up to Sandsend end of last summer.
    It was all very impressive. I was amazed at the safety aspects them lads consider.
    Its something Im looking further into, Kayaking. It would suit our coast. brilliantly?

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Iv,e been on every site in the world these last few weeks ;D my heads spinning. What I,m looking forward to most is getting tight to the outer fringe of the kelp at low water in places and spinning down the side of it which is something you don,t get the chance to do normally. My bubble might burst yet, but I,ll give it a go.

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Be safe ,mate ...like acko said suites our coast brilliantly , imagine them rocks that youve always wanted to be on ,but cant due to the incoming tide :'(, now the options are endless ;D ....it`l be brilliant think you`l realy enjoy it , defo recommend getting ure sea legs first though ,just having a play about in it ,just build ure confidense before u set off , hope some other yakker goes with you ,it`l be wicked ...nice one .. keep us informed on yer adventures ,,,Most of all dont forget ure roots.. ;D ;D

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Yes, forgive me Dav, I told you the force was strong on the other side ;D . I had a go on Quint,s kayak about a week ago and loved it. The sea dosn,t frighten me but I,ve got the utmost respect for it, my merchant navy days taught me that years ago. Don,t worry I,ll be back on the other side as soon as the matches start you can be certain of that, the force isn,t so strong as to stop me fishing those!

10. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

welcome to the force oh ramrod - you're going to love your new toy - I was out today on a choppy sea just for a mooch and to give the old upper body a workout - you'll be surprised how well they handle a snotty sea - make sure you leave some of them monster pollock for me

11. mww

mww Rockling

Ray

Don't forget to get the optional boarding ladder - you've only got short legs remember!! ;D

Good luck

Mart

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

;D Thanks for pointing out my imperfections Mart, dont worry the first thing I,ll do is cut out some foot holds in each side ;D

13. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

hope i have as much energy as you when i am as long in the tooth ray, top man.
    cant wait for some ramrod kayaking reports, and dont be rowing to oponents marks and cleaning them out before an open(sly bugger), and dont drown ::) ::)

14. Maxie

Maxie New Member

have a go spinning the berkley gulp white rag imitations,pollack,mackerel in bonny scotland and ireland love them so dont see why yorkshire pollack wont.they arent as tough wearing as a normal jelly but outfish them most times ive used them.

15. raymo

raymo New Member

hi ramrod,a few of us are meeting at Carnelian Bay just south of scarborough on saturday at 11am at the car park on this link...come down with your kayak if you fancy going out...

ps you'll need a trolly ...

here's a link to show you where it is...

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=54.26602~-0.390288&style=h&lvl=17&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&encType=1

raymo

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Thanks for the invite Raymo but me and Quint (spacemonkey to you) set off to Leeds about 10.30 to pick my yak up, got it at last :) Can,t wait to give it a go. Hope you had a productive day and were,nt too knackered going up and down Cornelian :p
    Thanks for all your posts and recommendations lads they,re all very helpfull, even Lobber,s reminding me how old I am ;D he,s right unfortunately.

17. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

your as old as the woman you feel ray :eek: :eek: ;D