1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just caught my fish of a lifetime

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Nov 4, 2007.

1. newdave

newdave Guest

I have a bass on my kitch scales, just under 9lb, where can i get it weighed acuratley ???
    i am in Scarborough

[​IMG]

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Could see if there is anyone at the anglers club would do it for you - 01723 372495 or one of the tackle shops. Or we could weigh it for you in Whitby at 10pm tonight on the club scales :)

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well done mate , bass master general in the making !!!
    Big well done again, you certainly are putting the effort in though, still jetlagged and fishing.
    Was it shore or yak ?

Cheers worm.

4. Doc

Doc New Member

Yak I'll wager from what I hear, if not then there's likley to be another big bass on tonight.

Either way well done fella :) :) :) :)

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done new dave ;D truly the fish of a life time

6. topecatcher

topecatcher New Member

Yep seen the fish myself today and I believe it was caught on a plug a real achievement, well done!

7. newdave

newdave Guest

thanks guys, just got back after having it weighed at the Anglers club, 8lb 12 oz exactly & caught from yak, i will post some pictures and more info later tonight. still on a high at the moment. ;D

8. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

well done new dave
    cheers ian

9. robq

robq Rockling

well in mate ;D ;D All the hours you put in chasing them you fully deserve it !!

10. webbo

webbo New Member

well done matey, we need a pic!!! was this in scarboro??

11. newdave

newdave Guest

apprentice beats the sorcerer

apprentice beats the sorcerer :eek: sorry mate ;)

For those of you that don't know me, i bought a kayak in August & was lucky enough to have quint, the Areas number 1 yak angler & Bass miester take me under his wing and fast track me through the learn to fish process, although as the worm will tell you i still can't cast properly & have got the wrong type of oil in my reel :p. but i really did not expect to knocking my teacher of his pedestal in the hall of Fame. ;) Sorry Mate ;D
    weighed at the anglers club, 8lb 12 oz 71cm long & 20cm deep at belly

having read the Steve l'Anson article in the sea angler magazine, "the best day of his life" got to say i know how is son felt, i am still floating 3 ft off the ground. obviously you are a 6 year old all your life when it comes to catching fish.

So i was over working in the usa all last week & spent most of the spare time in the Basspro shop buying plugs & stuff, apart from the heap that Ramrod took off my hands, i now have more artificial lures than GB tackle 8), along with having read the ladle book "hooked on Bass" from cover to cover twice. So when i got up this morning & the sun was shining all i could think of was taking them out & trying them. Unfortunately i am billy no-mates at the moment with quint expanding the gene pool in vietnam , and the Worm having drydocked his yak for the winter in order to concentrate all is efforts on breaking the shore caught whiting record :-*

So with the bit of northerly swell i was a bit stuck for a venue to launch my yak, so headed to brid bay expecting to try out my new collection & maybe hook a schoolie or two if lucky.

After about 3 hours of trying every trick in my new tackle bag, i was getting used to the idea that not much was going to happen & started paddling to shore for a spot of lunch. for some reason i stopped about 30m from the beach in 5ft water & decided to have a few more chucks with old faithful "maria". chucked it towards the beach landing no more than 10m out, as soon as the bail arm went down, the water exploded. I could not believe what was happening, luckily it made its first run towards me into some deeper water & i managed to keep my cool and keep a tight line, it certainly did not like the site of the kayak and headed straight down, but next time round i got a net under it and hauled it aboard. I was so bloody excited i just paddled ashore & sat on the beach for 10 minutes. (fishings boring Ian ::))
    I tried to fish on but i just could not calm down, and headed home. got to say it must be hard for you match angler, when you do get a good fish to just concentrate on baiting up & trying to get some more.

So it maybe was not the best day of my life, but it was bloody good, thanks Ian ;D ;D ;D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Absolutely brilliant.

Cracking fish ;D

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

:) Well done Dave and well deserved too as I know the effort and thought you,ve put into Bass fishing. Hope you never lost any plugs ;D

14. woody

woody New Member

well done mate cracking fish ! :)

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

Very nice fish dave......

16. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

great when a good fish gives you that good buzz, a real beut, how did it fight?

17. newdave

newdave Guest

like it really did not want to be caught lobbers, I was really glad i had set the drag well it took enough line to kill its run but could not get into the rough, when i got it in the yak there were some walkers watching from the cliff bemused because i was shouting at it all the way in. mental ::) ::) ::) just sorry i was on my own and did not get a good photo with it still fresh

18. dbrown

dbrown Guest

WHAT A FISH WELL DONE MATE WELL DESERVED.

DAN

19. Doc

Doc New Member

Well done fella thats a beauty

20. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done mate, an absolutely fantastic catch. ;D ;D