1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining a club

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Dav, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Seriously considering joining a club , looked at the saltburn website , £10 a year ,ive been considering it for the past few seasons but nevergot round to it , once ive paid this do i get a shedule of the matches , and just pay for each match as i turn up ,if so what is the price to fish each match , is there many on here in salty club , Just wouldnt mind fishing these matches as at the moment all i do is pleasure fish , im abit competitive and i supose being like this would make it ideal to join a club . plus the fact theres the opportunity of winning things if i do well ... anyone....

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: joingin a club

Lobbers is the man to speak to

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Lobbers were are yer .......to i have to post the application or can i take it down for me self ....

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

now then dav, we have a heaviest single fish match 2nite, fishing is from 6pm til 10mp, registration is between 4.30pm and 5pm(no later than 5) if you go to ruby street social club about 4.30, go into the club and look for guy mason, you can join the club there and then and reg for the match, there will be lads there, so you cant go wrong really ;)

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice one paul , shows how much i know i always thought yer matches were on a sun ,, and its a tenner to join club and 3 per match is it ?cheers bud

6. Paul grover

Paul grover Guest

I found this on Glenns website you can DL application form apparently? http://www.saltburnseaangler.org.uk/

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

sorry lobbers i forgot top ask , do you get a shedule chart of matches and fish size chart as not being a match man not 100% sure of keeper sizes cheers

8. Paul grover

Paul grover Guest

I dont know if I would join a Club and fish comps If Lobbers was a member? I think I might just hang on to my money LOL
    Only joking Good luck I might join the club myself?

9. Lobbers

guy will sort you out with everything, no probs, you will need a match measure though, but as 2 nites match is hsf you might not need it, but the pools money goes to heaviest bag, so take one anyway

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

cheers P lob

11. Lobbers

forgot to say that we do normaly have our matches on sunday, but this season we have put a few on sat nights so they dont clash with sunday big opens, that way we keep a reasonable turn out for the club ;D

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well i,l be there tonight , shame about the conditions , got a feeling heaviest fish will be chinese fish , whats your iopinion on the matter , just got me self a measureing stick too, ,so its a heaviest fish match is it , what about heaviest bag ?

13. plob

plob Guest

there will be a codling or two 2nite ;D

14. Impact Shiela

Impact Shiela New Member

I joined the Saltburn Club last season, and fished about the last eight months. I dont have a vast knowledge of all the marks in this area, but still manage to do ok. Last year I think I finished somewhere near 10th, and so far this year I am in the top five to ten or so ;), and have missed a few matches!! You just have to stick at it. I have on the odd occasion beat some of the lads at the club who have been match fishing for years. Anyway, the more members the better. Im not fishing tonight as I am posting this from my Sick Bay!! :'((sofa, duvet and pillow), plus I need to give Lobbers a chance to catch up with my points ;D ;D ;D

15. Lobbers

well sheeela, looks like i gained a few point's on you 2nite with my MASSIVE rockling of 8oz wich gave me 2nd, gary watson won with a two pounder from boulby, hard night, i put a bait in every hole down goldsbrough, and if it was'nt for the fact that the rockling was "doin the twist", with my bait, i would'nt have even had that out, still i had a good workout going down and up goldy, good for the heart(i think), was sorry to see dav drew a blank, a poxy ting would have done you 2nite mate for a third, you should come back to weigh in for the crack aswell mate.
    anyway hope my luck is like mww's, a crap nite followed by a big open win ;D

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sounds like hard going Paul. Had a walk on the gare tonight (up there for some worms). Hardly a fish in site. Looking bad for tomorrow night. Always best to go back to the weigh in. Good way to get a few bits of info from the lads. I always tell the Whitby anglers they should come back to the weigh in because if they don't I will phone their house to make sure they haven't had an accident and are laying at the bottom of the cliff.

Gary Watson is on Good form Paul. I saw his pic in the gazette at teatime. Nice fish he had.

17. Lobbers

yeh he had it a couple of weeks ago down boulby, that lad always hits form at some point, good angler, i need to learn that area better, hummersea boulby, allways seams to come into its own. goldsbrough is dead, unless you catch it when the sea is just dying away, you get nowt. i should have known that 2nite, but there was a good long disance se swell on, wich is normally good for there.
    siht its nearly 1am, im fishing hartly match 2mora, 8am kickoff, CHOW!!!.

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well i was totally pixxed last night paul. fished runswick , must of done about 10 mile round the bay ,fished the left rocks ,beach , right rocks ,managed one undersized codling , two whiting one in size and a bloody edible crab :), silly bugger me didnt think there was any point in turning up for weigh in with it being hsf ,thought i wouldnt of had any chance , but being told of the results now has totally pixxed me off more ..On me way home i was actually thinking do i have to go to weigh in for that very reason of what glen said ,just to show my face and to show im ok , oops sorry ,will do next time , i was gona bloody ask gary watson if he didnt mind me accompanying him down boulby as he said he might go there , ive never fished there at night ,which is somthing ive always fancied doing , , Well guys im now in de club ,hope to gain some valuble info off everyone in it and to make some new fishing buds. Cheers for letting guy know i was coming paul , appreciated matey , hope youve done well today matey .........

19. Lobbers

a bit of belated advise mate, you catch a legal size fish, you weigh the bugger :D
    i've seen it too many times, even nights when the conditions are perfect and there are 30 plus fishing the match, i and others have gone back with next to nowt and actually won it, one lad a few years back won a match with a 6oz dab and 33 fished the match. ???

20. Dav

Dav Rockling

Advice taken on board , cheers