1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joined the RSPB, Now i am doing some bird watching and photography

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by harrythecod, Feb 2, 2012.

1. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well since the fishing is sh1te and not many reply,s or post,s going up in the sea fishing section,
    i have joined the RSPB , £36 the year for me and the wife joint membership,

i have spent many houirs down at saltholm of late and made a couple of new friends ,
    All keen to help the novice twitcher and photographer, :yes:

it is well worth a look , i have seen and photographed many specie,s three owl species,
    a bittern , many waders and duck and goose , i would say probably in the region of around 50 species

if you to get bored of the fishing side of things , give it a go, you will be well supprised
    and you still have the great outdoors . :cool:

2. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Welcolm back cotter,
    pleased youve got another another string to your bow, look foreward to your reports(as usual) & now learn yourself "wildlife" by wings & keep your guitar links coming also. Its hard when a low threshold of bordem kicks in & you loose all motivation.

3. Groyne

Groyne Guest

You'll be hanging around the bushes on the Gare road with all the others now harry. Our lass thought they where up to no good till I told her they were bird watchers. :laugh:

4. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

You cant beat a bit of bird watching Harry get ye self out one night at Whitby by there is some weird and wonderfull bird there.

5. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

i bet the old dog will be out when it goth weekend

6. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nice one Harry, i've sold most of my gear cos i've lost interest really. Been bang at the fishin recently and not bothered at all with taking pics. Just got a 28mm f1.8 left now cos i noticed that when i could actually be arsed taking pics they were all landscapes do no need for the zoom lens lol

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

never thought you would pack up Kev, have you sold all your filters as well, :surprise:
    if you have out that may do for my canon let me know mate,

or any software , i am on the lookout for a decent tri-pod as well :yes:

8. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

shame that super,youre a very talented photographer, i always looked forward to seeing your pictures. :sad:
    i'm sure that you will pick the camera back up again in a while as fishing ang taking photos go well together. cheers bb

9. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nah not give up lads, just not at it as much really. I've recently been interested in it again without actually taking any pics if you get me, so when the fishing drops off in narch i might just rediscover the hunger for it and start driving about miles to take pics again haha

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Yep i saw the flamingo's may times back in the seventies, i too was supprised ,
    i have seen the little egret,s a few times in the last couple of weeks ,

i am learning quite a bit down at saltholm,
    i tagged allong with an old guy in his late 60's , he was quite helpfull with identification of birds,

coatham woods is very good as well on the way to early nook,
    but there are a lot of fir trees that make it hard to see through them ,

i saw a great grey shrike there on sunday morning ,a bit of a coup for me that was :yes: