1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JOHN SMITHS OPEN FISHING MATCH 2007 - early predictions for john smiths

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by time.to.shine, Sep 20, 2007.

Tags:
?

pick your size spragg that will be pulled out for heavyist single

Poll closed Nov 10, 2007.
  1. 4lb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5lb

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. 6lb

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. 7lb

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. 8lb+

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. cps

cps Rockling

Re: early predictions for john smiths

still round hear if you know where to look

2. Borgue

Borgue Blenny

I shall take that as an offer to share in the spoils from your next crabbing sesh then cps as I would'nt want you to waste them all on yourself in the coming matches!!

3. time.to.shine

time.to.shine New Member

i recon crab will not fish you'll need to tip em with fresh gullys ....fishings starting to pick up again after this slight nw .......not birdash smokes back door for when i get my monster on crab scar...

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

I hear you like the back door Riley ;D ;D

5. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

i think i would be taking quite a bit of frozen peeler, lately i have known of several instances where the frozen doggie has been out fishing the fresh, so it only goes to show you NEVER KNOW

6. cps

cps Rockling

just looked at magic seaweed swells geting bigger for next weekend up to 4m now for saturday good luk on the crab scar riley , dont think ill be there unless the forcasts way out

7. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

does anybody know where you get your tickets from to fish the match, i live in the redcar area, what time does it start and the boundaries , and where is the weigh in

8. smokey

smokey Rockling

Check out the "king rag or snakey white" thread Cliff,i posted all the details on there...Tight lines

9. time.to.shine

time.to.shine New Member

i hope it stays calm with some light swells (hoping) otherwise i'm going to be lurking out on sat night fitting trackers to your motors for added advantage.....ha ha ha filey beach will fish........lol

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

Had a 9lb er and a couple of 4+ down there last night ;D ;D ;)

11. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

12. time.to.shine

time.to.shine New Member

whats top prize fetch fe ::)lla's cos i'm just wondering what i'll leave you when i get 1st 2nd and 3rd lol

13. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

went for my ticket to rods and reels today but they haven't got any in ???

14. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

Rods and Reels defo have tickets, the secretary delivered them 2 weeks ago, and gave them to a lady on the counter, tell them they've got them even if they don't know they have ;)

15. time.to.shine

time.to.shine New Member

just as i thought them nw swells are causing up a stir amongst them weed beds reports.... iv'e heard is that fishing is picking up and just as cps predicted maybe crab scar might be out of the question if this keeps up
    :mad: :mad:

16. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Are the boundries for this the usual East pier to Flamborough?

Think I might waste a bit more money and a few more crabs on this ;D

Cheers,

17. time.to.shine

time.to.shine New Member

i would say that could well be true some monster bags comming from the shore over this week especially in club matches.........well at least you got a weigh in bill...... i got f all. . . . .i think it was worm and mussel top bait!!!

18. smokey

smokey Rockling

Sir Ramrod destroyed all the opposition today with a bag around the 20lb mark,including the winning fish of just shy of 9lb.Pete Bayes 2nd with a 6 1/2 lb er Robbie Harrison 3rd with a 6lb er.Half a dozen fish in the 4lb bracket other than that it was a very poor weigh in.Ray also had a fish over 4lb for 4th place and another fish of around 3lb.Nice one Ray,once again the class shines through on an evil day for fishing ;D ;D ;)

19. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Ray. Looks like you haven't lost the magic touch :) :)

20. smokey

smokey Rockling

It takes some doing on a day like that Glenn.As i sent my first chuck away,i got a wave up under the arm of my titan jacket soaking both my jumpers,i was fooking freezing,much to the delight of Lobbers and Dav :mad: 5 minutes later i went for my phonein my pocket and it was under 2 inches of water :mad: Moved to the next scaur and had 3 codlings on in 3 casts, banging away like fury and as fast as thieves,lost all 3.Thought this is gonna be one of them days,got a 2lb er out the next cast which cheered me up a bit,then got a 4 and a 3 1/2 lb er so ended the day on a high.Snaffled the £50 special prize for 20th as well as 2 other prizes ;D ;D ;D