1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimlad's Freshwater fishing pics

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Pictures' started by jimlad, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

I joined York AC last year but just didn't get much chance to fish their waters, shame as they have some lovely bits of river. Tempted by Leeds, either that or Thornaby.

2. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i wonder if leeds aa allow any salmon fishing on their waters ?

3. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

4. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Seen the weights on the other site, proper big dogs them chum,makes me envious sat up here in Edinburgh and can't get near the river,keep it up it gives me hope

Seeing the size of those and the weight of them take it with a pinch of salt when you're told of all the 5s and 6s that come out of the Tees as most of those are guessed and well out

Don't know if you noticed but the chub from the Tees and Swale are different colours and shapes, Tees fish being more bronze slightly shorter and big around the middle whereas Swale fish tend to be long and lean and a bit more silver, see if you notice the difference next time you're on the Tees

5. jimlad

Cheers brian. It is something I've noticed - the bigger chub above may have made 5lb in the tees at that length. Hopefully I'll get a 5 soon! I do hear a lot of stories, a lot I don't believe.

6. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Never noticed any colour change in chub they stay the same colour all year round they just vary from silver to bronze depending on which river they come out of

Jim

You need to catch some minnows for chub bait,the bigger the better fished on a size 6 through the upper and lower jaw, if bottom fishing kill them first otherwise they hide under stones or rubbish and you'll feel thats the case when you come to wind in, live minnow under a float,bingo;result

Dead minnow is my favourite chub bait, no tentative taps on the tip, rod just wangs right round

7. jimlad

No we're talking Brian...not something i've tried. I tend to get the mouldy cheese from the back of the fridge - usually result in a couple of plucks folowed by a confident pull.

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Some cracking fish there jimlad

9. jimlad

10. bucko

bucko New Member

Lovely stuff Jim but you look a bit warm there- I trust you were in your shorts ten minutes later.

11. jimlad

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

That top Chub looks a canny fish, what size is that?

13. jimlad

It made 4lb 13oz, i thought it might be a 5lber, but sadly not!

14. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Gonna say it looked like it would be over 5lb, not far off though bud. Nice one :yes:

15. jimlad

Updated..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. bucko

bucko New Member

Good stuff Jim- that barbel looks a deep fish. What did it weigh?

17. jimlad

6lb 1oz for that, great fight, was a very fit fish.

18. jimlad

New pb pike, river tees fish of 24lb 15oz

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]