1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimlad's Freshwater fishing pics

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Pictures' started by jimlad, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice looking fish, well done bud.

I hope to be out pike/perch fishing on Wednesday

2. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done James :yes: Just had some decent perch around the 1lb+ mark :happy: from the Ingleby stretch, but broke a rod in the process :angry:

3. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've not tried for the perch down there, 1lb+ would do me mind!! Might have to give it a try...

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

nice one Jim, I was on the swale yesterday after barbel, didn't get one but did get a pb pike of around 10lb on meat!

5. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Bet that was a nice 10 pound pike. I have never fished for pike or barbel
    We used to fish the Catterick Bridge Hotel water on a day ticket and thats where i saw my first big shoal of Barbel . Their must have been hundreds in that shoal and its a sight i will never forget.
    Caught some nice trout and winter grayling on that water just near the race course stables.

6. jimlad

A couple more trips recently...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jimlad

8. jimlad

Hi mate, yeah decided to give the free bit at Croft (Skerne Mouth) a go this morning, river was up a bit but pretty clear still, using swimfeeder and maggots got a few grayling - really enjoyable and a nice change from the norm. :no:

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Jim, I do like Grayling. Nice Pike as well :yes:

10. jimlad

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

nice chub Jim.. kilgram?

12. jimlad

Morton bridge

13. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Go on spill the beans

Tell us there were two of you there and it was your job to catch the livebaits :laugh:

14. jimlad

There are plenty of chub munching pike around the Tees and Swale. Hmmmm....food for thought. Though you'd need a fair lead to keep it tethered!

15. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

4 oz does the trick

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice fish jimlad, i was thinking about getting the light fly rod out for a go at the tees grayling me self ....Cheers

17. jimlad

Hi mate, i keep meaning to give Piercebridge a try for grayling. Not been there yet

18. jimlad

19. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one bud, lovely looking Chub. Keep meaning to get out river fishing but never seem to get round to it, might join Thornaby again so will get out on the Tees.

20. jimlad

I've just paid to become a member of Leeds and District http://www.leedsdasa.co.uk/

They have some good stretches of the Swale at Topcliffe, Asenby, Helperby etc. Also Ure, Ouse, Nidd, Wharfe...