1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jelly and alfie do the conga with a double twist !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Nov 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. robq

robq Rockling

I had decided on a few hours fishing after work this afternoon and Dave chose to change his plans to fish old hall and join me on the rock instead :yes:

Conditions looked good with no wind and a nice sea with good colour :happy:

About an hour into the session Dave got a cracking bite and set about cranking alfie ( his beloved alvey :nerd:) I was baiting up and shouted if he needed a hand ?? "Its only a mop he replied"

However looking at the bend in his rod I decided to shimmy down to pluck it out for him as there was a decent sea running. Looking for the fish in my headlight I shouted "its a bloody ling" !! then quickly realised my mistake and shouted " its a F*****G conger :surprise: :surprise:

After a bit of a tussle I managed to pluck it from the surf for him
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We estimated a good 7lb and it was returned to fight another day with Dave buzzing !!

Eventually he manged to get baited up and fishing again !! within 2 minutes he struck into another solid bite on the braid and once again the rod hooped over and he was in :surprise: :surprise:

I asked if he needed a hand again and he said he might this time, judging by the bend and thumps on his rod and the slow, steady retrieve on the alvey I thought he might be into another !!

Unfortunatley it was not to be and turned out to be this nice mop of 11lb 8oz !!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dave's first double and well deserved :yes: well done mate !!

No more bites after that apart from a lobster for dave that ditched its hooked claw at the last second !!

A balnk for me but It was a pleasure to land a fish like that for a good mate :happy:

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

cracking session, and well done dave on the conger and your first double figure cod

3. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Bloody well done with both the fish dave and you still got that gay shrink tube on

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Alfie is rapidly turning into my favourite reel,it does tops,yesterday I was using it whiting bashing on the beach amd tonight proved that despite the slower retrieve makes a decent bottoms reel.After all Mr Medd uses his old Scarborough reel off bottoms so why not ?

Thanks Rob for helping landing the fish....your words are what make the moments magic....lol.......some cracking memories from our fishing trips :yes:

A couple of my biggest so far this year... :wink: :wink: :wink:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Makes you wonder if come next summer time it might be worth targeting the conger with some big hooks and mackeral baits near to the bits of wreck down there. Not going to be wick with em ut got to be worth a go into dark on a summers night.

Cheers Jellyworm.

5. gigantuA!

gigantuA! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice fish lads where you fishing ,bemmo bottom

6. robq

robq Rockling

I guess the rocks give it away :cheesy: :cheesy:

You guess correctly :yes:

7. gigantuA!

them rocks look familiar , :angry: i was planning to get him sunday

8. gigantuA!

guess the cod did not live to fight another day ,what bait did the conger take

9. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Now don't you be leaving a mess down there ! :wink: :wink: :wink:

You ll not see any cart remnants down there thats all I m saying !!.... :wink: :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

10. gigantuA!

which side were you fishing

11. robq

robq Rockling

It resides in Daves fridge at the moment I guess !!

both on straight cart I believe :yes:

Was'nt interested in the huge edible peelers I was chucking at them :whatever: :whatever:

12. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I gutted it and started to fillet it ...but it was the mankiest cancer riddled slink ever so unfortunately it is a case of pot bait ....not even fit for a cat....should have put it back and kept the conger !

13. gigantuA!

now lets not get into that you sods ,i were having a stella moement when i read that post -re (litter)

14. robq

robq Rockling

straight off the front :yes:

15. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Lol........i m having one now and rightly so mate...all tongue in cheek

16. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well you were Rob...lol....I wasn't

17. gigantuA!

no more bites after that one, did they both come at distance what time did you konck it on the head

18. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Because of limited casting room I was only thumping em not pendulum so probably only about 90-100 yds max as the baits were quite big.
    As usual down there it dropped off just after top....I like it there most of the flood and funnily enough last of the ebb....but don't rate the early to mid ebb.
    Would have liked to have stayed a few more hours to get into the hole to the right of the scar but alas needs must and we had to climb out............mental note....must take less with me ...that climb is a tw@t

19. robq

robq Rockling

I know :cry: :cry:

Another piece of the jigsaw slots into place mate :wink: :wink:

20. gigantuA!

seen as though the alvey getting wet all the time there must be a cheap 525 up for grabs