1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jaws in filey bay

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wec, Jul 19, 2007.

1. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

a 12 foot thesher shark was landed in filey yesterday after becoming entanged in a salmon net.i think the filey boat club lads are gonna need bigger boats! ;)obviously the fbas rule book will be adusted accordingley ;D ;D ;D

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

And rightly so, using a net is an unfair advantage ;D

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You,ve just changed that post Bill, now my reply looks a bit odd :-\
    I think you should have a Thresher Shark min size limit of 3.5m long. Mackeral should be 4m ::)

4. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

don't worry ive changed it back ,, ;)was having trouble spelling accordinlyyyeyly ???

5. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

i think i'll have to get a bigger bag to carry the new size measure ;D ps i'm voting to put mackeral up to 5 metre' :eek: alan yates once said ,there alright for keeping kids interested an abit of fun ;)

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

;D ;D

Careful ;)

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

See :

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007330553,00.html

:)

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

There one of my favourite sharks them threshers......... be carefull ramrod and fellow yakkers ;D

9. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

just phoned up and cancelled my yak !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Just ordered a bigger yak ;D

11. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

famous line from jaws "i think we're gonna need a bigger boat" ;D

12. lonewolf

lonewolf New Member

:)wow that is a monster an only 200yds out mmm an ive just bought a kayak oops!be lucky now if the mrs let me out best not show her!!! ;D

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Hi Lonewolf, did you launch from Reighton a fortnight ago then paddle under Bempton?

14. Freman

Freman New Member

hay thats great news cus i got a sharking trip booked next month so i hope there some more about out there, has there been any sightings???

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

The tail of the shark actually walloped mitzi the border collie ........obviously the beast was still alive and kicking ,must of been in the nets for not a very long time at all ... for me that fisherman should be frowned upon , a verysickening sight is that like in my own opinion .....i though the days of agggh a shark kill it,were long gone now......shame on him ...........

16. BIG rod

BIG rod New Member

it took five people to lift it in the coble, i saw it on the market at scarborough just looked like the bloke that caught it (PIP) infact I'm sure it was his twin. THEY BOTH WEIGH OVER 1000 LBS !!!! ;D

17. Dav

Dav Rockling

;D ;D

18. Markus V 07

Markus V 07 New Member

No Point In Killing It......... :(
    Look what SomeOne Commented About It Lol : " i had wished the shark caught him and by the look of the fat get he would have had a belly full for a long time cmon the sharkies " Lol ;D

19. Dav

Dav Rockling

its right like ,

20. BIG rod

BIG rod New Member

that shark could of dun everyone a favour and got rid of the fat lazy sod ;)