1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Lammiman

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by Jahu, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Jahu

Jahu Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi. Can any of you tell me if Jack Lammiman is still around? He was the owner of Helga Maria. I was captain on a vessel calling to Whitby every forthnight many years back, and became good friend with Jack. I'm planning a trip to Whitby this summer and would like to meet him again.
    Brgds Jan A. Huseth, Frei, Norway

2. barrymac

barrymac Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yes jack is still alive and kicking, i often see him in whitby, he often goes into the jolly sailor pub

3. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yes he is still about I seen him on baxtergate just the otherday
    He goes into the jolly saliors for a drink every now and again if I see him I will stop him and try and get his contact details for you .

4. Jahu

Thank you very much for both replies. Glad to see Jack is still on his feet :). And yes, I would appreciate to get his contact details

5. barrymac

barrymac Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi jahu, talking to jack today [sunday] told him you were asking about him, said it would be nice to see you again, he usually goes in the jolly sailors on a lunchtime

6. Jahu

Hi all :) Went to Whitby earlier this summer, and yes, I had the pleasure of meeting good old Jack again. We had a couple of cold ones at The Jolly Sailors Pub, and sat talking about things we both had experienced since we last saw each other. I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I didn't have too much time to spend in Whitby as I were with friends, who, took the time to drive me from Manchester to see the old bugger ;) If Jack is still around next summer I'll be back. On the other side, it was a bit sad to see that the harbor area was completely dead, no merchant vessels, no fishing vessels, only the anglers boats was all that was left. Not the Whitby I remember and enjoyed.