1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its Started Hot. The Month So Far.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ive had quite a few pictures in the camera for a while now but never had the chance to get them on the site before now. The Month started with a heatwave and myself and Farron did a bit of fishing out of Sandsend with cod, pollack and mackerel falling to a variety of methods.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then two weeks ago we had the first real seas of the season. After a 20 minute walk to the left of Runswick I caught my first cod of the season, and snapped my rod in the process, so it was a 20 minute walk back to the car after a single cast. Not a great start to the season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The following night I opted for Saltwick with my second Greys Nitra. Well it wasnt long before that rod tip was in 2 bits too. So that was two Greys Nitras snapped in 2 consecutive nights. If Carlsberg made rods then they wouldnt make the Greys Nitra.

Then we had another week of flat calm seas and Lobbers started worrying we were going to have a season of no swell. Then last night the sea was up and the chase for cod began again. Myself and Mike went on the cliffs at Sandsend. Bernies ledge and then the Rabbit holes were our marks. Mike managed 3 cod upto five pounds and I managed two slightly smaller.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back on the cliffs tonight. Mike had two cod out in under 10 minutes and missed several more bites, then just as you thought you were going to fill up a sack we never got another bite all night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saving the best for last. Mikes biggest from tonight

[​IMG]

2. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Yes Glenn, had my first venture out this evening. Opted for Kettleness, riving bite first cast couldn't keep up with the slack line, a Bass i suspect, then weed weed weed and more weed, so off home. Thats the first blank out of the way.
    Cheers Col.

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Well done glenn, was up tehre aswell tonight. Managed to lose one off first cast then no more bites

4. mike33

mike33 New Member

Some quality Photos there Glen...............Enjoyed the past couple of nights fishing............it was a good start tonight thought we were in for a cracking night but it
    was short lived, plenty of partridge bites though :laugh: :laugh: but at least we caught a few fish.

Mike

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Yes I enjoyed the fb updates. Glad he did not give u that shove mike. Lol.

Cracking picture Glenn. And keep them fb updates coming while your fishing, its funny as hell.

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done Glenn and the Lads, some quality photo,s there and some quality fish as well :yes: I hope to get out again tomorrow night for a late session,

Mike's waders have certainly had a few repairs, must be good one's,
    like a old pair of slippers. :happy:

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Your right there harry. Lol looks like bike Iner tube I had as a kid. Covered in patches.

8. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A good report there Glenn , good photos and some lovelly fish , the cliffs at Sandsend are a mark I have neglected for a long time now
    I first fished there in 1965 and have some great memories , and as can be seen they can still give a good nights fishing
    :yes: :yes: :yes:

9. GJW

GJW Rockling

Told you we should of went to Sandsend cliffs Alan... :embarrass:

Great pics Glen and well done to you and Mike on the fish... :happy:

10. mike33

mike33 New Member

I keep theatening to have a new pair of waders Harry but I'm a Yorkshire man they'll last a few more seasons yet, patches and a tube of glue are still cheaper :laugh: :laugh: :yes:

11. Baramundi Bob

12. mike33

mike33 New Member

"Gonna push this Blarter off the cliff in a minute. MIkes on his third bit in twenty mins. Think he may wash up on saltwick beach in the morning"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:................Funnie as Fooook..............partridge plucker :laugh: :laugh:

13. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Looks like Mike is kicking ass and taking names! Great write up Glenn and well done Mike, some nice fish there.

14. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Cracking write up and pics again Glenn......

15. woody

woody New Member

nice one lads !!!looks like them long rods are taking some beating this year ? , seen u taking photos last night , thought here we go ........ ermm no , great to be out tho .

16. slug

slug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

really enjoyed being up there last nite, as soon as we saw the camera flashing we knew who it would be , well done lads .great photos!
    i pulled off another spectacular blank, lost three rigs ,six leads and got through a mountain of expensive bait,but loved every minute .got home at 2am to be up for work at 6.30 thinking about next trip already!

17. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Great report and pics Glenn and well done on the fish lads. I fished on bernies last night but could even manage a bite mind I didnt get there untill nearly nine and give in at 11.30.

Liking the facebook commentary :wink:

18. nickid

nickid Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fantastic fishing and pictures. Wish I had fishing like that here

19. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello,
    Hey Glenn you've had no luck mate but some good photos and a good report all the same. Well done Mike, you've had some canny fish. Nice to see Dan and Damo too along with Harry.

I hope you get sorted with your rod soon then I'm sure your luck will change.

Take care, Ian.

20. Baramundi Bob

I cant blaim my rod for not catching fish, but must say that after using the same rod for 7 years its bloody difficult to get used to something different. I cant understand these people who change rod more than their underwear.