1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its gonna take a big one - 26lber on day one of the festival

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 18, 2011.

1. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It may put a few off but they will be kicking thereselves then if they happen to pull up a bigger one & there are much bigger fish there its just a case of catching one on the day i think i am gonna be trying again if i can get on a boat

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Could be exciting stuff if some of the competitors change tactics and specifically target the really BIG fish :cheesy:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Anyone thinking of not paying the entrance fee should read this from the Tina Dawn Website

http://www.tinadawn-whitby.co.uk/

[​IMG]

4. DDippy

DDippy New Member

i would certainly stillenter if i could get off work. You know there will be tight arses out there that wont.

5. Misso

Misso Blenny

any update on the current results, up to now there is only first place on the first day, any results on second and third and the days since saturday
    Thanks

6. Baramundi Bob

Hope to get it updated tonight mate. No improvement on the ling but plenty of cod to about 14lb

7. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Anyone fishing during the festival and NOT entering must be mad :crazy:. You have a MUCH better chance of winning something than you do by entering the National Lottery AND it's much more fun and involves a fair bit of skill as well as luck :wink:

Surely the price of a pint is worth wagering - if you buy a pint it's definitely going down the drain an hour later :laugh:

stickman

8. Steve

Steve Rockling

tight buggers. its only a fiver

9. Rapin

Rapin New Member

I totally agree :yes: :yes:

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Spot on the competition is not over to say you are not bothering to enter you do at your own peril there are still some cracking prizes on offer £1000 for 2nd place for one two years ago 2 halibuts were caught in this compettion i had a guy on my boat quite a few years ago and targeted a big flattie and he eventually got it wasnt till 3 in the afternoon but got what he wanted a 12lb halibut .

This compettion has been won on the last day many times its still all to play for.

paul.

11. Basshunter

Basshunter New Member

Will be travelling up first thing tomorrow morning, hoping to fish Thurs to Mon inclusive, but the forecast looks pretty shocking to me - is that right? I dare say that pool table in the Fleece will see some action! Lol.

12. Baramundi Bob

13. jethro

jethro New Member

Totally agree its all to play for. I was on the sea urchin yesterday ,when Mark got his cod. A very nice fish to say the least. He caught it during the afternoon by using the old and tested jigging method, whilst most of us were shadding.
    A lot of fish about and as Mick said "Where theres little uns, the big uns are about too" It was just after this that Mark hit his cod.
    Pay the entrance fee fellas, you never know..
    Well done Mark and thanks to Mick and Mac for a great day out.
    (I'm sure the one you knocked off Mick would have been the winner!!!!)

Jethro :suspious:

14. suzuki999

suzuki999 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

they are down there we all know that WHAT A SEASON SO FAR. the question is do the conditions have to be perfect or is it a case of dropping the shads or bait on the nose of the BIG N.

15. wegga

wegga New Member

conditions weren't too bad today Basshunter on Lone Shark ; no really big ones landed but me and my mate had lots of cod and 5 bonus Haddocks (noticed the third is only a 2 pounder ... ooops...)
    All on the light jigger (outfished the shads on our boat by a country mile!!). hope you get more chances up to Monday.

16. Baramundi Bob

17. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Hi do you no what the Haddocks was caught on cheers Chris

18. Baramundi Bob

Im told haddocks love mussel.

19. jethro

jethro New Member

The haddocks caught on our trip were caught on baited hokkais (squid)

Jethro

20. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I used to catch plenty of Haddock back in the seventies out of hartlepool,
    mussel was the best bait two or three lashed on at a time straight from the shell,

you could't beet it :wink: