1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its gonna take a big one - 26lber on day one of the festival

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

That man is a piggy magnet :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Well done to him and well done to Rich ( I presume John was on Shy- Torque) for putting him on it.

3. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Opppps
    Just noticed it is a ling. Thought he had got a 26lb cod for a minute

4. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

what a carcking start, and I mean a start, I have a feeling the way the fishing has been the festival is going to chuck up some real lunkers

5. wardish89

wardish89 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what a start to the tournament im out on monday cant wait HOPEFULLY get a nice fish or 10 lol

6. 105

105 New Member

well done john nice fish mate.an good one mr ward for sitting john .on the croc.
    hope hes still got the ling. cos. we need .some bait in morning. ha well done chaps

7. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

That's a cracking fish well done that man :cool: :cool:.
    Does anyone no what tempted the beast ?.

8. bucko

bucko New Member

A dream start to the festival for him!

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

wow What a start great stuff.

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A very well done to john and richard a cracking fish to set the pace looking at the weather it is going to take some beating but you never know whats coming it could be another halibut which could pop up .

paul

11. Basshunter

Basshunter New Member

My hat off to Messrs Wilcox and Ward - roughly equal to last summer's winning fish overall?

Me and my pal have a total of five days booked next week with Dolly and Miss Bess, and I think a 'shit or bust' change in tactics may now be in order - I'm gonna buy three cases of herring, which I'll fish on a flowing trace over all five days and see if I can catch misen a big 'barn door' (aka halibut)...

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

May be an idea for some of you paying customers to direct your skippers in search of halibut or other species. Gonna take something special now.

13. Howard

Howard Blenny

Hats off to you M8! The very best of luck with your speciman hunting tactics . Please let us know how you get on. It takes some mindset to get the codgogs off. Im sure there are bigger fish down there but few fish with strong enough gear and the right tactics.

14. Rapin

Rapin New Member

Oh dear, my dream of winning the festival is disappearing again lol. Seriously, congrats to John and Richie for getting a superb start and making the festival even more competitive now.

15. bait pump

bait pump New Member

Well done on a good fish so early on in the festival John, Can't wait to see what big flatties might get caught now the bar has been set high enough.

16. Ryan

Ryan Blenny

great start to the festival, hope it's a sign of things to come for the lads taking part.
    Well done john on the ling... that's a belting ling :happy:

17. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Bah humbug! I go away for the weekend and come back to find my dreams of getting a winning fish (a week on Tuesday) pretty well shattered :cry:
    It's going to take an awfully big fish and some clever work from skipper and angler to beat that - what a great start and well done to John and Richard. Hats off to both of you :cool:

Dream on eh!

Stickman

18. DDippy

DDippy New Member

could this now mean that people will not be bothered to pay the entrance fee. Was reading about the fee the other day if i was on a boat with say 9 others and they did not want to fish the comp due to the 26lber what would it cost me to enter.

19. ryansdad

ryansdad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's a cracking fish mate,well done.

20. Rapin

Rapin New Member

That's interesting view, maybe some people would be put off from this. But the majority of us I guess would carry on regardless.