1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its Cod Time The Uptiding Comes Alive Today On Sea Otter 2 Conger As Well

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Oct 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Being a great week another ling upto 20lb stacks of cod on the shads Thursday and today my decision to go Uptiding was the right decision its cod time on the uptiding grounds its alive the light has come on big time it really paid off some really nice fish it's all coming together as we start October the same as last winter it's looking like another big winter on the Uptiding scene .

A lovelly cod today a full report later .

Paul

Attached Files:

2. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: The Uptiding Comes Alive Today On Sea Otter 2

well done,it wasn't caught on manky squid was it. ;D
    Thoroughly enjoyed myself last week thank you. just pipped Simon by 1 and a 1/2 oz
    can't wait for the uptiding again.
    Has there been a trend for a particular size, style of shads lately or is it all sorts of combinations?

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Its Cod Time The Uptiding Comes Alive Today On Sea Otter 2

All good quality baits especially worm did the buisness yesterday we did have a chuckle about that squid you were useing but it still caught some nice fish saturday and yesterday was a different ballgame with the uptiding you could see a massive difference in the way the cod are starting to feed on uptiding grounds they are switching onto worm and squid big time its all about explode and with the uptiding festival only weeks away its looking like a great festival for the anglers taking part .

My decision to go uptiding yesterday instead of wrecking turned out to be the right move no sooner had the ankhor got hold and lads got there baits in the water the rods were over fish were coming aboard a few of the lads had never done this sort of fishing there eyes were well and truelly opened everybody onboard nailed a nice few fish some more than others but as i allways say good bait catches fish old bait dont bother with and a big must change your bait regular dont leave you bait down to long the smell soon washes out the lads soon got the knack one young man had never been before he couldnt go wrong .

Peter comes up for the upting every winter here at whitby peter is from down south cod are a rare breed at times down there compaired to the northeast he loves it here at whitby and has been fishing with me for quite a few years he came up to fish yesterday and today he lost due to bad weather but still got a good amount of fillets to take home for the freezer .

Peter gets the first cod onboard he is over the moon.

[​IMG]

The fish start to come in numbers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everybody is banging them out .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even a few wrass came aboard .

[​IMG]

These two lads both mates pulled these two up at the same time .

[​IMG]

This young man never being before his rod was over again and again .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a ling we caught on sea-otter 2 on wednesday another 20lb ling we have nailed quite a few around the 20lb mark this year .

[​IMG]

The uptiding festivasl starts soon some big prize money on offer and some great sport on the cards dont miss out.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=34772.0

Cheers paul.

4. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

spot on mate, plenty of mops off the shore again this year paul, going to be a belter again this winter!

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Out again today on the uptiding scene and once again it fished well and we got a a bit of a surprize when we got our fisrt conger of winter not a big one by any means as we had them to 20lb last winter this was only a baby but all the same even the small ones give a good fight he was retuned to fight another day .

[​IMG]

As for the cod fishing we managed around the 50-60 mark on the boat today so all in all a nice day for the boys and yes they all enjoyed there day and cant wait for a return young rich on mistress was also on the water reported he did well so its looking very rosy, here is a picture just back in harbour waiting for the swingbride to open i grabbed a quick shot of the lads holding a few of there fish up happy days.

[​IMG]

paul.