1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isnt fishing strange?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by anth the angler, Jan 21, 2014.

1. anth the angler

anth the angler Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Decided to go to WW this morning as I hadnt been out for a while and i had today off.

Got there at 2a.m. and found 5 guys fishing. I was told a lot of fish had been caught on the earlier tide and all from the sand side. I set up just this side of the end and had 2 rods, one either side along with cart, fresh lug, razor and suid. 3 of they guys left [ came down from Peterlee] with a few fish and left me their 'spare' bait...thanks guys.

I didnt even get a bite for 2 hours and the lads right at the end were pulling them up regularly; on lug and mussel.

The swell started picking up and i started getting bites; but not on the sand side.

The first i brought up was this [thanks to the guy who handballed it for me]

[​IMG]

Just at 5 pound, I then quickly got 2x2 pounders; which went back...then nothing.

so my 3 fish were caught on cart and lug, out to the north east in about one hour in a 5 hour session. Firstly totally different from the earlier tide secondly 12 caught at the end [they outlasted me] and only 3 from 5 yards back.

Guess thats why they call it fishing and not catching

2. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Howdo, dont mean this to sound funny but all them fish on early tide had gone welldone on the fish that you caught

3. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

weldone was me mate who handballed ya fish up,he says your welcome ;) 8)

4. anth the angler

anth the angler Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks snapoff......people keep saying the site is a great place to learn fishing

5. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice fish well done buddy ;)