1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle Of Skye Kayak Fishing Tides

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi guys im looking for some very specific help (as always please dont post guesswork, its not helpful). Im specifically looking at kayak fishing in 2 places and would love some help from anyone with experience or anyone able to work out tide flows and rips etc.

The first place is the area around Loch Bracadale. I wish to fish around Harlosh Island and in the area around Idrigil point where the sea stacks are (Mcleaods Maidens).

The Second place is around Loch Denvegan, round to Loch pooltiel, and also on the outerside of the waternish peninsula.

From what I have seen viually, there is not a lot of tide here to worry about, but thought i would ak to see if anyone could help. Its always frightening to try new places especially when there are big tidea in some places.

If you can help please post up or get in touch.

Attached Files:

2. ch1pp1e

ch1pp1e Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Having dived around this area for the last 3 summers, I have lots of info on tides, currents and slack water times. We base ourselves in Loch bay on the Waternish peninsula near the stein inn.

The lochs are fine current wise, just gets lumpy if the wind gets up. The Minch from dunvegan head to Neist point has some good wrecks that hold some big ling and pollack but you have to get it right weather wise, wind against tide here and it gets very lumpy.

If you let me know some dates I will sort you out some info which should help.

Macleods maidens is a great area full of gullies with doggies and pollack hiding in the kelp.

We dived one mark near there, a nice wall and every hole had a conger in it, I will have to dig out the info.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thanks buddy, that is much appreciated. Is there any rips we should avoid. I know Neist looks bad, but other than that I never saw anything I felt i should avoid. I was thinking of Stein as a launch point. Weve had some good pollack behind the peninsula nr trumpan.

Our dates are :

12th to 26th July.