1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there still a swell running

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jAcko8, Aug 21, 2014.

1. jAcko8

jAcko8 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi I'm thinking of coming over from York this evening for a chuck. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there's still a swell running. I was thinking of either rhb or runswick, I've been watching the rhb webcam but its starting to look a little flat.
    Would appreciate a heads up on the swell to save a 100 mile round trip if its too flat.
    cheers in advance.
    Neil

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Lovelly swell running, but I wouldnt look at either of those 2 areas as likely there isnt enough swell.

3. jAcko8

cheers I'm open to any advice. Those are the 2 marks I fish regularly dont really know many other marks. Where would you reccomend

4. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Id probably look at somewhere a bit more exposed to get the full benefit of the swell.
    Someone else might be willing to PM you and put you on the right spot but I would be tempted to fish crowbar jetty or cow bar cliffs.
    BP ;)

5. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

http://m.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/local/pair-washed-off-pier-at-staithes-1-6796636

6. jAcko8

Thanks for the advice Paul I was thinking of trying there but I dont really know it. I'll be fishing on my own, and with Craigs report on the people getting washed off tuesday , I think I might stick to what I know for now.
    Cowbar is a mark I want to get to know this season though.
    cheers