1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is rhubarb and custard the new blue?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wilky, Jun 7, 2012.

1. wilky

wilky Blenny

For years it seemed the only shads to use were the little 4" blue ones, and recently all the catch reports swear by R+C it seems. Anybody think of a clever reason why this should be?

2. trev1968

trev1968 Blenny

I think every shad has its day some like red . blue than next will only take rhubarb n custards.

Trev

3. jethro

jethro New Member

As Trev says every shad has its day. I remember last year on Sea Urchin when every conceivable colour was used and everything was catching and yet on another trip only orange would work. It just goes to show though that a good selection of shads is essential.

Jethro

4. Rapin

Rapin New Member

Last year my R&C shads worked well but on some trips the 4" orange did better - you just never know.

5. Tug

Tug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Think you have to accept fish are fickle :whatever: , on a good day they will take anything, then only red ones I was fishing last year with blue shads and nothing, changed to an orange one started catching, thought it must be fishes dinner time so changed back, nothing again, same with Hoki's and jiggers and how do you explain fishing one day getting loads and next day same weather nothing (how many time have you heard if you were here yesterday), been trying to work it out for many years, that's what makes it fun. :crazy: :crazy: