1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interesting flambro/cliff fishing safety thread on WSF

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Sep 11, 2012.

1. robq

robq Rockling

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php/1359761-flamborough-head-safety

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Phil Arnott :sleepy: It was me who told him not to post his $hite on here. Best thing I ever did as he never came back. When I see people like him complaining about people publicising marks, killing fish etc etc, it just makes me all the more determined to do the very thing that winds them up so much.

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Be careful......might be anoher threat of legal action........"let it go" springs to mind :whatever:

4. Baramundi Bob

Im still waiting for his last solicitors letter.

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

lol.....don t hold your breath Glenn.......someone mentioned to me he wrote an article on Bempton in the 80's.....hmmm double standards springs to mind.... :wink:

6. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11161.0

Few more here

The if you want to go a little higher - Bempton

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Awesome Glenn......I ve taken last two winters easy after me busted leg down Bemmo....I m all fired up for this year and those photos have just got my winter fishin juices flowing....brilliant .....great reminder of why we love this sport . :cool:

8. Baramundi Bob

Its the one thing that sets this site apart from many of the others. We actually catch fish in some of the most awesome locations you will find anywhere in the UK. Where else do you see people fishing off the top of cliffs like this ? This is our heritage, and we are proud of it. Live life to the max, Many anglers fished those cliffs before we even heard of them and many will continue to fish them long after our bones are in the ground or our ashes in the sea. Long may it continue !!

Sandsends nice too

[​IMG]

9. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Here here....scatter some of mine off "dug-out"...a little off "lob-hole".....a good smatterin near "metal spikes" and the rest of centre court :wink: :wink: :cool:

10. Baramundi Bob

Mine are going in at Saltwick nab, thats if I dont fall in there in the first place.

11. robq

robq Rockling

Well said Glenn :yes:

Dave you could have broken your leg anywhere with a lot easier access where we fish :yes: you didnt just break it because it was down bempton !!

Tha fact you got yourself out of that situation without risking the emergency services is a big credit to yourself
    :yes:

No doubt the "wrap in cotton wool " health and safety brigade will have enjoyed jumping on that bandwagon :crazy: :crazy:

It still wont stop us enjoying proper yorkshire rock angling !! climbing up and down ropes in the dark and wet :happy:

12. cps

cps Rockling

:laugh: :laugh:

13. Baramundi Bob

Would you have it any other way. If angling was about strolling onto a pier or onto a shingle beach then id wrap in instantly. Fair enough if your getting on a bit or your disabled. But Fishing for me is about the challenge of the environment. Bloody hell look at whacker, hes 99 and still climbing Hawsker. Folks need to raise their bar a little and look at anglers like that. whats up with people these days ?

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Brilliant Glenn.....if for me it was meet my maker doing something i love....yes perhaps one slip and gone ! but rather that than sat in a plastic covered chair waiting for someone to change my pissed in pants.....no way.........!

15. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

I love cliff fishing, be it Bemmo, Flamborough or sandsend, I never think of the risks involved TBH, I am always very carefull but think the risks are equally as high fishing other locations, infact i feel more uneasy fishing the scaur type marks on the flood, where flood surges can definatly be squeeky bum moment. One thing i will say is that it is a cracking idea to fish the higher cliff marks with someone experienced when fishing cliffs for the first time, I was lucky enough to be shown the basics by Quint.

I will be up Bemmo on the 1st along with everyone else who loves it up there, hopefully filling a fishbag or 2...............

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well said my Yorkshire cousins :laugh:

And those nasty rock falls which "wipe out" marks on the tops are much safer when fished from sea level :laugh:

17. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Fishing should be an adventure, taking in all around. Its not just about catching fish all the time, many times on an early morning trip down Hummersea, you are greeted by a pair of deer, which you can get quite close to, before they move on. There are not many places like that around.
    Cheers Col.

18. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Fair play to you lads, I admire your commitment and love reading your reports of "Real Fishing", I also love fishing the scarrs and storm beaches, however, we must not overlook the fact the piers and jetties,( easy marks if you want to call them that), are some of the most consistently productive big fish marks in the region in the right conditions and I certainly do not believe they are the domain of the elderly or infirm.

19. Baramundi Bob

Yeah the piers and beaches do have some good fishing. Infact whitby west is amazing in a big north westerly. But then you have to contend with a hundred people all wanting to fish the same place. People using plain leads in 15ft of swell. People with the maddest casting styles trying to kill you. People saying oh you can't fish there mate we been here since dinner time.

I like the pier but only go there when were snowed in at whitby and most people can't get here.

Give me a cliff ledge any day.

^-^

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

amen to that Glenn!