1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inshore Waters Are Clearing And The Cod Are There Straight Away

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

All I can say is give it a go. You wont get anything if you dont try. I found baiting shads with cart, mussel or worm can help if water is murky. Mussel works well up your neck of the woods, but keep that under your hat.

2. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

Thanks Glenn. Hopefully I'll have something to report and a few pics to go with it.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Looking forward to more Sandsend sessions soon.

4. philpot

philpot Jackson kayak/ Torqeedo flyer

I called in at Sandsend on Sat evening on the way back from Runswick, first time I have been there and thought it looked a really nice spot to fish. There were a couple of shore anglers fishing from the car park but all they were catching were small flatties.

Those photo's just make me want to go back up that area and have a dabble myself. Well done on a great session.

Phil

5. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

I know what you mean, Phil. It is a very pleasant place to be isn't it ?
    It wasn't a particularly big tide on Saturday, and the water is still quite murky (especially close in), but the car park can be a great place to fish from and I've seen Mackerel, Bass, codling, coalfish, whiting and flatties being caught from there. In fact, there are other good marks within walking distance of the car park that are productive all year round if you don't mind a bit of a climb. You do need the right gear for the occasion though.

6. philpot

philpot Jackson kayak/ Torqeedo flyer

Andy I might look like a mountain goat but alas the stamina is no longer there but I will take your word for it. I do however want to have a session up there at either Runswick or Sansend on the kayak though before too long.

Phil

7. keeprai

keeprai Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I called in at Sandsend on Sat evening on the way back from Runswick, first time I have been there and thought it looked a really nice spot to fish. There were a couple of shore anglers fishing from the car park but all they were catching were small flatties.