1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indulging information

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wildcard, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I've met plenty of them and don't waste my time trying to convince them otherwise. Its amusing when reality finally dawns, whcih it always does.

2. rizla

rizla Blenny

i like this site and think it's the best i've seen in the uk for a specific region but,i can understand the feelings expressed by wildcard with regard to clannishness and "secret locations" as i felt the same way when i first started using the site.i put it down to how you regard fishing,is it a sport or is it a passtime?in my case it's definitely a passtime,i like to go and have a go on the beach or pier and hope i catch a fish. most people on here are serious anglers and it's definitely a competetive sport to them ,competitions etc, and i can understand why they don't want to divulge their marks.then there are the people who know each other and use the site to exchange information,just mates who go fishing together,i think that's where the impression of clannishness is given or percieved.a forum is just like any group of people,some of generous spirit and some not so generous.personally i prefer generosity of spirit and it doesn't matter how good the mark is,if it involves cliffs,ropes,or perching on a kayak,it's all yours.

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

if i can ever help with anything wildcard just get in touch, the forum is more open than what it used to be, and to be honest it needed to be
    i have banged on about this quite a few times
    in the past, and i would like to think it has done a bit to help some of the old diehards to open up a bit more, not dotting the last I or crossing the last T of course, the point is everbody ends up with a thicker book, and surely that must stand for something ----- i know for a fact that one or two people have denied it but WE have all been fast tracked some time or another, theres nothing like it from time to time, but it should never get in the way of your own studies

4. mc fisher

mc fisher New Member

i think this forum is going down the pan it used ta be goood now its bollox

5. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

And your reasons for that are ???

6. mc fisher

mc fisher New Member

people on ere tht think thy now it all but realy thy avent got a clue and most of the stuff on this forum now int even to do with fishing
    [​IMG]

7. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Each to their own and your entitled to your opinion which I respect but personally I find that most of the guys on here are good guys,willing to help,listen to others ideas without bombing them out and are great guys when you actually meet them and spend time in their company.Granted sometimes I think some of them would make great politicians or salesmen but who doesn't like to get on their soapbox once in a while.Take the forum for what it is a great tool for learning new stuff,trying new ideas(not all will be successful) and putting your point of view over constructively(like you just have :embarrass:).

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Now I am truly gutted I wanted to spend the rest of my time on here been "a bass" maybe this forum aint so good after all :laugh: :laugh: (only kidding guys its by far and away the best I av been on)

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

maybe you could give us some of your knowledge instead of just saying its crap and not contributing?

11. robq

robq Rockling

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

12. rubbish

rubbish New Member

well said mattylamb , they say in fishing you only get out what you put in, so judging by the amount of posts mc fisher has posted says it all for me . p.s whats everyone having for tea tonight :laugh: :laugh:

13. bucko

bucko Guest

I can't think of anywhere better for combined years of local knowledge and general all round good crack.

Mind you, when I blank I'm sure to put a report up on WSF- you should see the backslaps I got on there after my prize catch of John Darwins plimsoll and a pack of Lincolnshiyte Peelers someone had thrown in. Proper hero of the day- I thought they were going to carry me on their shoulders and offer their daughters as additions to my hareem.

Still, each to their own eh? :surprise: :canadian:

14. rubbish

rubbish New Member

:laugh: :laugh: i once read a post on wsf that said caught 2 mackie tonight , if any of you members want to now were i caught them you can pm me , still makes me laugh :laugh: :laugh:

15. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Away Dave be fair it was the 1st week in February when that was posted :cheesy:

16. bucko

bucko Guest

Aye, and it was posted by this chap on the right.
    Catches two macky a day all year round!!

[​IMG]

17. smokey

smokey Rockling

I've had the finger pointed at me a couple of times about being secretive :butt: That's more because i haven't and never will post exact details of where i was.I fish lots of club matches and fish hard to try and win the season aggregate.I have had a lot of blanks down the years,but the last couple of years it seems to be coming together so why should an angler who has had heaps of blanks on cold,windy,winters nights give spot on info about a particular mark to a lazy angler who won't put the effort in to try and unlock a few secrets.Take Ferrari in formula for instance,supposing they had a new part on the car that gave the driver 3 tenths of a second advantage every lap, would they knock on the Mc'Laren garage door and say "take a look at this Mr Dennis,it will give you 3 tenths a lap" not a chance.I have been in the past,and will continue to be in the future,very helpful to genuine anglers who either PM or speak face to face,there are certain things that are not for the open forum.... tight lines :happy:

18. wildcard

wildcard Guest

The thread that seemed clannish to me was about mussel as early season cod bait and contained this quote amongst others.

A few sessions last year young Dan will vouch for,me and him fishing alongside,me using razor/black lug and ???, dan using razor /lug and mussel. Dan no fish gave him some ??? next cast fish and the next and the next.Not saying they will out fish crab cos I don t think they will, but deffo out fish mussel.

I just don't understand why that is in a public post which can be accessed by anyone. If you want to keep a secret thats fine. If you want to post in a public forum then tell the whole story. The contributor is one of the top posters and friendliest people on this site.

wildcard
    [​IMG] Placed on post moderation so I can ensure the Indulging Information posts are not continued.

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Wild....just let it go....the forum is full of little inuendo's and jokes etc.
    If the forum is to 100% genuine transparent factual truth or send it by pm, then the pm system will be the only means of posting....let it go !

It was explained why what and who for.
    This friendly contributor is getting a little fed up of how this is just been beaten to death now......you know the forum is changing and that is not for the good either....ball taken home teddy thrown out of pram,dummy spat out....

I will continue to post fact,also jokes also suggestions and sometimes secrets....it is a forum with freedom to post ...within the forum rules, what we want.

I thought the thread had drifted away but you're not done yet with the same point I see !! :angry: :angry:

20. robq

robq Rockling

Its called gamesmanship, banter, craik ,etc, etc Wildcard :yes:

Just because YOU say that it has no place on this forum, does not mean it to be the case !!

Jellyworm has passed on more valuable tips and advice on this site than most :yes:

You need to accept that it is your opinion only, that everyone has to share their deepest secrets or not post at all, I think that the responses to your thread reflect that

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.