1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indulging information

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wildcard, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildcard

wildcard Guest

The post that annoyed me was about using ???? for bait or similar. Why put that into a public forum for all to see?
    It makes the poster and subsequent replyers seem as if they are in darkened rooms with their left trouser leg rolled up :confused:

If you want to share secret tactics then share them in secret by private message.
    If you want all to see then reveal all in a public forum.

wildcard

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I take it that was one of the posts I put on wild.....what you quite quickly need to understand about this forum is that IT IS a friendly and helpful forum and also has a lot of banter. It isn't an encylopedea of fishing information, it is for discussion exchange and sometimes just piss taking.
    The person that i was speaking to in that thread new exactly what ??? as bait was hence the reply "chineses supermarket".As for who else was to know well that is my right of choice.
    We see posts mentioning "my spot" and " magic crystal" and all manner of tongue in cheek gamesman ship :yes: :yes: :yes:

You stick by your principles regarding posting as you see fit, but it is down to the individual what is posted, I have posted thread after thread containing information and also pictures directions, methods photographs.
    I think you need to look back at some of the posts I have posted you will see there is no cloak and dagger to my posts.
    OH BY THE WAY FOR THE WORLD TO SEE "???" ARE FROZEN OYSTERS FROM THE CHINESE SUPERMARKET,£3.99 PER KILO PACK. :wink: :wink:

Regards Jellyworm.

3. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

without information from this site my son would not have caught these fish.
    first smoothie
    [​IMG]
    first wrasse
    [​IMG]

he is 12 in september, and loves fishing, although i am from the durham area i find that the fishing is better south of the tees, and we have gained more info about that area from pm,s open replys to posts and from using the search bit about marks and then putting two and two together.
    i know not everyone is going to give all their info on marks, baits etc. but what info everyone does give is very helful to us, and i think that is brilliant for people who we dont know and dont know us to help us out like that is a credit to the members of this site.
    other sites which i am a member of, some closer to home are far less indulgent in the sharing of info.
    this site beats all and as mainly a pleasure angler with a young son, i will keep posting and reading posts to see where to fish, how to fish, and what bait to use.
    cheers :happy: :happy: :happy:
    sage and a very happy little sage
    (Paul and Lee )

4. wildcard

wildcard Guest

Jelly - it was one of your posts I think, but thats a good reply you just posted. Posting in a public forum such as this one draws attention to the comments made and draws more attention every time someone replies with a kind of snowball effect. I read practically every post to do with fishing and your post smacked of a little clique of anglers who are in the know but won't divulge the secret. Frozen oysters eh? Hmm you wouldn't be pulling my p*sser there now surely :blindfold:

Best regards,
    wildcard

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thanks for posting that Sage. Im really please for you and your son. I hope you continue to do well. With the earlu autumn period all but on us your catch rates should rocket soon. Good Coalies, Pollock whitng, cod and bass are all on the list of posibilities without too much effort.

Wildcard dont worry too much about what other people use for bait. Last autumn we had a bit of a joke on the forum about a magic secret bait and we drew readers from all over the internet who came to find out about Rays - "Magic Crystals". To be honest it was a prank. I have fished the shore for more years than I care to remember and any so called secret baits dont stay secret for long because those in the know always tell a friend and that friend tells 2 and those 2 tell 4. I think you know where Im going with that. Dont fall for the secret bait things. Put your faith in peeler, mussel and worms. Try the odd shellfish if you can find them, and watch the anglers around you :happy: :happy:

6. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

it was a prank!!!!????? :surprise: :cry: :angry: :laugh:

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah it was all just a big joke , there is no such thing as crystals ..... :crazy: :crazy:

8. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

damn it,stringin me along :wounded: lol

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

:happy:

10. wildcard

wildcard Guest

I knew the crystals one was a wind up but not sure about the oysters. I remember using those huge frozen green mussels once but can't remember if they worked. I saw a lad boat fishing once who sprayed his pirk with wd40 before each drop. He didn't catch anything but neither did anyone else - must have been on my boat :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wildcard

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The wd40 probably put the fish off completely :wink:

12. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

lol :laugh: although i have heard the wd40 on bait thing before...never seen or tried it though???

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

:suspious: :suspious:.........
    :happy: :wink:
    Yer you dont wanna be using wd 40 it may catch you a pig :butt: :whistle: :whistle:

14. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Spot on Matty :yes:

Great to see Sages son benefiting from info given on the site. The post ties in with what Matty said really, you get pointed in the right direction then the rest is up to you. Having good info does not guarentee you will catch fish so well done to the lad.

Some times I spend what seems forever typing a post only to bin it as it does not read right and could be construed to be completely different to what I was trying to say, obviously the same has happened here. Out of all the posters on the site Jellyworm is certainly not one you could point a finger at as being secretive or unhelpful. I think something was lost in translation thats all wildcard and I hope you keep posting as during the short time you,ve been on the site your posts have been interesting and informative too :happy:

15. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I ll echo that Ray..as I said above wild....don't take the open door.....you'll get the hang of this site with a bit of time.. :wink: :wink: You never know you might even bump into me around the Whitby marks at sometime and then you'll see my bait preferences...lol.......

remember I said I didn t like throwing folk a duffer on purpose...make of that what you will...lol.... :happy: :happy: :happy: :wink:

Regards Jellyworm.

16. GJW

GJW Rockling

You cant beat a bit of leg pulling.... :laugh: :laugh: I really liked the pic about the trophy cabinet, before and after useing the magic ones :wink:.... :laugh: :laugh: i was laughing for days, but i know what Ray means, sometimes when you type something it comes across diffrent, than if you were speaking face to face and it can at times be taken in the wrong context, i like Ray have also spent time typeing a reply out only to scarp it, affraid someone might read it the wrong way and not the way it was meant to come across.. I really think that 99.9% of people on this site would help if asked.. And Jelly would be one of the first to help, not long ago a new poster who had just moved to Hull i think, asked for a little help catching fish from an area which was alien to him, Jelly took the time and written almost a book on spots to try times tides and baits, and posts like that make this site the succesful site it is today... :tease: :tease:

Well Done to Young Sage, another top angler in the making, keep up the good work.... :yes:

Tightlines

Gary

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I was trying to find that the other day Gary to show someone a particular trophy but wasn,t successful :nerd:

18. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Gary just give me the nod if that hst needs tidying up. :wink: :yes:

19. GJW

GJW Rockling

Defo J.W, but i think i will try and squeeze one more season out of it, the eye's seem in good condition, just the whipping's abit scruffy, but i suppose i can live with that for now, it will probably get a few more war wounds during this coming season, then i hope you can work your magic on it... :happy:

Cheers

20. wildcard

wildcard Guest

My comment about 'taking the out door' was a response to a comment Glenn made earlier in this thread which I thought was directed at me personally. Part of his answer was 'Anyone is welcome an opinion but the out door is always open for anyone who gets personal'.
    I read it wrong, took it out of context and reacted. A pm both ways sorted it.

I have been a hardcore poster on a site run by certain zenophobic non Englishmen and am not a new poster, apart from on here.

I read practically every post to do with sea angling and think even newcomers to the sport can teach me new tricks. The man who knows everything about our sport I would like to meet, though I have met some who think they do.

Best regards
    wildcard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.