1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in a dilemma....

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mouldybits, Aug 25, 2008.

1. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

would anybody else sell there much loved lures to fund a yak??????????????? or do i need a slap round the face to snap me outta it? :crazy: :sick:

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Sell your lures matey you know it makes sense, buy a yak then pop round here to stock up on lures again :embarrass: :canadian: I'll be really nice and give you a FULL 5% discount :surprise:

3. IanB

IanB Blenny

Look up the Ina zone 232 Kayak, I dont know if it will be any good to you

but its been sat in my garage for a few years unused.

Our paul bought it (another fleeting fancy) and does'nt use it

I'm sure that could be cheap! PM me if you want any further info

4. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

aye cheers sambo,thought as much from you lol. i think that yak's maybe a little short for me ian plus it dont leave awa much room for me gear....never mind ALL the fish i'll catch ahem :embarrass: :laugh:

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

You do need a yak though matey, I reckon if you sell half of your lure collection then you'll be able to afford a nice second hand Tarpon 100 :whistle:

6. robq

robq Rockling

Or fully kitted prowler 4.5 elite :cheesy: :cheesy:

7. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

lol are you sellin one too like rob? :laugh:

8. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

gonna sort thru me lures an see what i can part with, watch this space chaps.......... :sad:

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

A yak is just a lure without any trebles on, only on a bigger scale :canadian:

10. robq

robq Rockling

Looks almost certain now Phil :yes: I cant get the dorado out of my head !!

Just discussing details and and waiting times with simon so it is likely that my prowler may be up for sale in the next few months !!

Excellent condition, fully rigged and loaded :yes:

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

lOL...TACKLE TART !!!!! :canadian: :canadian:

12. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

any idea of a ball park fig rob? is it the one you're sat on in the pic?
    cheers
    phil

13. robq

robq Rockling

yes it is mate :yes:It would all depend on what is included in the deal reallyIf it was the basic Yak which includes the rudder kit, fitted anchor trolley sytem, with standard seat the RRP is £800 + I would be thinking £450 off the top of my head

If you wanted to incude the fitted Hummingbird 535 FF with the transducer boot kit and battery etc this would add £90 ( cost over £250 in total !! ) the luxury high back seat with backpack which cost me £110 from the states would add £50

£600 for the full package which cost me around £1200 and is all in good nick, you would only get the basic prowler unkitted for that money mate

14. mike_

mike_ New Member

blimey phil :scare: if you sold all your plugs you would be able to buy a trawler :laugh:
    all the best and good luck -mike

15. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

ah ello stranger been out of late??????????? i've been looking and think i may get rid of some of those shimano boxes too,got about 3 of them sittin empty.
    crikey £600 rob thats cheap!!!??? dont think i could fork out that much at once in the near future though,when were you thinkin of parting with it?then i may be able to save like a good un :pray:

16. robq

robq Rockling

Not sure at the moment mate as I have a bit bit of shuffling of funds to do and need to discuss a delivery date with simon yet. I dont want to be without the yak for too long so its likely to be few months yet Phil, I will keep you posted if still interested.

17. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

defo matey let me know if/when an i may still be interested :wink: it'll give me a little time to juggle my funds about too :sad:
    cheers
    phil

18. newdave

newdave Guest

my guess is there will be two dorado's heading to Hull, or maybe 3 if you count kens :wink:

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Nah not for me ....not for a long while.....I m not getting drawn into the impulsive buying just yet....enjoying my shore fishing far too much with the yak being a change every now and then.

I m waiting til I get moved to the coast and then see if that increases my chances of getting out then I may splash out but having the prowler sat in the garage is bad enough let alone the more expensive Dorado sat there while the weather is crap !

Struggling with getting my head round spending that much on a yak.......no disputing they are good but for the use i would get out of it at the moment with work etc I can't justify it ...so I continue with what I ve got.

At least for a while...not saying never but not yet.

20. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

put a small selection of lures up for sale in the classified bits fellas :cheesy: :sad: