1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

important information Scarborough kayak Match

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Sep 15, 2011.

1. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

i must be seeing a different sea to you lads, :blindfold: think surf boards would be a better choice at the moment, :confused: :confused:
    looks like 30 mph SEastly to me, which blows straight into the south bay, :scare: :scare: just hope the SW wind blows tonight to knock it back

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ye, just left work and notice it's blowing a bitch still SE.....

3. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ive been driving round scarborough on my bus all day and wouldnt even think about launching in the conditions there at the moment. looks more favourable for a chuck from the shore to be honest, rough as sticks

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Don't give up hope lads, it should swing SW by midnight and should kill the snot thrown up by the SE winds, will it be enough? Let's hope so.

6. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

aye the good thing is a SE can die off very quickly, here's hoping

7. newdave

newdave Guest

forcast to go SW this evening, its a gamble but we are pretty committed so would prefer we just see what the morning brings. you all know how quickly it can drop away with a change of wind.

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Will have to change fast. quite a big mixed swell coming in at present se and nw mixed together.

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Fingers crossed, swell is forecast to drop quite a bit tonight. Will keep an eye on the forum this evening and first thing tomorrow morning for updates.

Just to throw another spanner in the works Sunday looks perfect, small winds and swell drops right off.

Blinkin weather!

10. Benq23

looking at a 4ft SE swell at launch time with a steady 15mph wind and 20-23mph gusts according to windguru (albeight for whitby...closest I can find)

Met office is a similar story with 13-14mph steady wind and gusts up to 24mph come the afternoon for scarborough

Swell might drop off with the change in wind direction but the strength of the wind may make for "challenging" conditions to say the least, regardless of direction it will chop the water in the tidal areas and make it hellish uncomfortable.

sickbags at the ready :scared: :laugh: :laugh:

11. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

if its a goer saturday be wary at the knipe point boundry (cayton bay) as a south westly wind howls through there, with it been the lowest part of the cliffs blowing you out to sea :scare:......................nothing that a mars bar cant cure :whistle:

12. spud

spud New Member

Been there and done that at Cayton about 4 years ago just ask Quint not nice :surprise: As pennys are tight at the moment think i will wash my hair :happy: See you guys at Runswick next time.

13. Kevex

Kevex Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Why not reduce it to east of White Nab if this is the case ! the pilot boat would need to patrol and possibly marshall this area for a short while, but it would be better then a change of date or venue.. Just a thought. Cheers.

14. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Blowin a hoolie gown here at the Brigg

15. Benq23

Aye its not the swell that bothers me as its set to drop...its the wind, unless we are set to get a hell of a lot of shelter from cliffs etc then that wind forecast is spelling trouble at the moment

starting to have my doubts to be honest :S

16. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Guys, i will be on the beach with spawney at first light and we will make the decision. Many of you cannot make it on Sunday but if that's the decision so be it. Will post on here directly. Ken

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cheers Ken, fully appreciate you guys are in a difficult postion.

As they say though, if in doubt don't go out. From my point of few I can get down either day but I'll support whatever happens. I know a few of us are setting off before 7am, I'll call Dave before setting off to get an update.

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just been to launch site, first thoughts is that it won't drop away in time but bare with us

19. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Looking at the forecast again, wind for Sunday is pretty much the same as Saturday and the swell has increased a little to 0.8m (1.2m tomorrow). So pretty much same problem, different day :happy:

20. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

It's now 10pm at north bay and the wind has dropped! not a breath at the mo..