1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im looking to get into Kayak Fishing, advice needed please ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by snap off!, Feb 20, 2014.

1. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Howdo, as it states above im looking to start kyaking iv been on tht 1st wet and wild web site and have spoken to a staff member on the phone, I will be going down begining of march,

So if any one has any tips or can help me I would be greatful,

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Im looking yo get into kyak fishing, advice needed please

Well you've done the right thing. My advice to anyone using the forum is speak to Ken and Fiona at 1st Wet And Wild. Ken is an approved coach, he runs many courses locally in kayak fishing safety, including those at the annual Runswick kayak Fishing event.

Other advice I would give is to read read read, Have a look at the topics and articles listed below. Also use the site search function.

If you have questions about specifics then I feel your in the very best place here to get the answers you will need.

Kayak Fishing Articles
    Kayak Fishing forum Topics
    Kayak Fishing Matches
    Tips For Catching Fish
    Kayak Fishing Safety
    Kayak Fishing Launch Sites
    Kayak Fishing Tackle
    Pimp My Kayak

3. andym

andym Rockling

Re: Im looking yo get into kyak fishing, advice needed please

Anything in particular you need answering between us all we should be able to sort any questions you have

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Re: Im looking to get into kyak fishing, advice needed please ??

Ken and fiona will help you no end. Ken also runs saftey courses at various times throughout the year too and is an excellent kayaker and fisherman too, which makes a big difference when choosing your gear.

5. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've just bought myself a kayak too, just need to get out on it.
    Plenty of advice on here for you to digest.

I have a particular question.... Can you fix the weather so I can get out on the kayak ::)

6. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Howdo, cheers glen , I will have a good read, thanks

7. Baramundi Bob

Unfortunately not, and some years that really does your head in.

Last summer was special, but some years you go months without getting out.

8. craigyb

Noooooo

That would probably push me into buying a boat, which would really upset The missus ;D

9. Baramundi Bob

Some years are dreadful some are bloody awesome. If we get the weather this year then the cod fishing will be something special. Then of course the pollacking starts, and words cant explain how excited I get by that.

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Glenn when's the earliest that you've known the pollacking kick off from the kayak ? I ve seen the odd pollack brought ashore in winter matches down Blea Wyke But when do you reckon the earliest realistic prospect is for the bronzed warriors ?

I ve just been ordering some new gear for my kayak fishing....winter has now passed as far as I m concerned, the shore gear will be getting one more outing in the big open but I m counting down to the first yak launch already :)

11. craigyb

Let's hope for a good year then ;)

I'll be having a go at the pollack definatly.

Will see you out on the water no doubt

12. Baramundi Bob

Dave I think the ones you and Spawney got at Ravenscar were the earliest Ive seen round here. In scotland Im told they are there ball year round.

July is always the time I think they start propper here. But id love to be proven wrong.

Ive had a few in my but always on jiggers. Maybe they are lower down in the water column then.

13. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Those we got that time were very tight to the bottom, trolling just bouncing off the bottom.......if it clears out earlier than then I ll be having a go, I missed out last year waiting for the yak to be delivered and then work days off didn't coincide with good conditions.

Maybe better this year.

I was looking out at the sea here today thinking that I'll be wetting the good ship jellyworm very soon, I m going to have a go at Holderness uptiding as soon as my new rod arrives and we get some flat seas 8).

14. andym

andym Rockling

Ive had small Pollack trolling shallow divers mid June last year think it all depends on clarity

15. Baramundi Bob

I cant wait to get going Dave. Really looking forward to it again.

I seem to have bought every soft plastic lure Dan has in Whitby Angling Supplies.

16. Baramundi Bob

Ive had the small ones Andy in June up near the surface, but i dont count them.

17. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Hope we manage a few knock ups this year

The South will rise again

18. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

Defo be trying for the pollack under Bempton this year. May even cross the iron curtain for a bash :0

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk