1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im Looking For Charter Boat Spaces, Can You Help Please ???

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigfat, Jan 21, 2014.

1. bigfat

bigfat New Member

Any boats going out Thursday,any trip length,just need to wet a line,mite have to be pier end,if it's open,thanks for any replies

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Going out,charter

You could ring the skippers and ask. As they use the forum and I know they are good boats I would always suggest Mistress or Sea Otter 2.

If its a shorter trip then I would suggest Libby.

3. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

im going thursday mate 730ish till 4, £45 p/p cheers, Rich

4. Baramundi Bob

Jobs a good en.

5. simon22

simon22 Rockling

U wont go far wrong with rich or paul mate. Both top skippers and top nlokes enjoy yourself. Can i just add not to sound patronizing but u did not say if u were experanced or not. Get in touch and find out what the day is about. Uptiding i should think so bait a must but ask first and your day will not be spoiled. If u know what your doin then sorry for teachin u to suck eggs. Regards simon

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Going myself thursday if weather permits might be a bit iffy now more on weather update later.

paul.

7. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

How many people are needed to make a trip out to the wrecks viable? Weather permitting of course

8. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Id like 8-10 to travel to the 20 mile minimum, but be warned they are hit and miss. and youll be steaming over fish to get there. as mentioned in other posts its all about water clarity

9. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers, do the inshore wrecks fish with bait when waters colored? Say 5-10 mile?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

10. Baramundi Bob

Its hard going when the water is coloured. Stick to uptiding.

Those who know about wreck fishing in winter will tell you the conditions you need. They are generally a week or more of very settled weather. I.e high pressure, no wind no swell. Then you need dropping tides for the colour to fall out the water.

Killer on sea otter 2 is a master at nailing the right conditions in winter. Rather than booking a wrecking trip because you want to go wrecking, talk to the skipper and book a trip for the type of fishing he says will work, afterall the skipper is the expert, and as Rich says if you dont get the right conditions you will be steaming over fish to go out to wrecks and blank

If you get weeks of calm and a dropping tide then its jackpot time for wrecking. Some years it happens and some years its May before you can get any good fishing out there.

11. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I did post on another thread regarding a wreaking trip i had with paul one feb. Everything went to plan and what a day we had. Shads have to be the best and most sporting way to fish tge wrecks if the weather right. For some reason i have never done well on bait but i am sure tgat will change at some point i seem to get small ling while others are pulling the cod out...

12. 'Dropping Tides'...that's a new piece of fishing jargon I have never heard ?

Could you explain please

Cheers

U

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

What glen is saying dropping tides is just excactly what it is big tides on there way down on the other lifting tides are tides on there way up whether baiting or shadding the the tide makes a massive difference smaller tides the water generally clears the exception when the algie bloom is there .

paul.

14. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17925.0

I.e. when youve had tides like 5.4 Whitby book then Day by day the tide heights drop down untill youve got neep tides:

The tides of 4.6 down to 4.3 are the days where it MAY clear if all other factors come right. This I would say applies to winter wrecking when the water has been colored up.

If its been clear for weeks then the larger tides could produce. But generally in mid winter that doesnt happen. Your looking for dropping tides after a long calm period.

And like I say, from my observations one man knows when to hit the wrecks in winter, and that's Paul. Years and years of experience.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17925.0