1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if this offends then oh well

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by BOOMSTICK, Nov 11, 2010.

1. boris

boris New Member

Your post seemed a little ambiguous!
    [/quote]
    All I was saying is that he saw this coming. I was not trying to mislead you into an argument.
    I had heard of the speech but I have never heard it until now.
    And like I say very interesting.

2. lincshorefisher

lincshorefisher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sorry, just wanted to clarify where you stood on the issue. Basically What Powell anticipated was that we were storing up massive social issues by not insisting that immigrants intergrated into society.

He compared what was likely to happen here to the situation in America where ethnic ghetto's were the norm.

What Powell had said in his 'rivers of blood speech', wasn't even particularly racist. He'd spent most of his early life in India and absolutely loved the place and the people.

It was just that he felt 'multiculturalism' was a ridiculous concept and that our culture was in danger of being swamped.

It was also what everyone felt was true. All he did was to attempt to warn of the impending problems that we now have.

Of course, it set the bleeding heart liberals baying for his blood, and unfortunately the spineless Heath government threw him to the wolves!!

He spent the rest of his career in the political wasteland, eventually re emerging as an Ulster Unionist MP

3. bucko

bucko New Member

Ugly scenes but I can't help feeling that they have succeeded in what they wanted- headlines, uproar and people being reduced to their level.
    FFS- our brave soldiers did not fight to protect a country where we "Round them all up and send them all back"- I don't care if this offends but folk need to look beyond the tabloid picture and how easily 35 (yes, only 35) idiots can manipulate the press to make them 'headline news' rather than much finer men who should be top of the page.