1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall Fishing Program - Hughs Big Fish Fight.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Re: Hugh Fearnly Whittingstall Fishing Program

I don't mind Hugh whatever his name is I will set the sky plus for that cheers for that Glenn

3. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nowt wrong with a Mackerel Bap, hot, with Horseradish sauce..................as good as it gets.
    Roger

4. Re: Hugh Fearnly Whittingstall Fishing Program

will watch that looks interesting.

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Saw his idea of sustainable fishing earlier this year, went Bass fishing and kept something like 47 Bass between 3 of them! He can be very good but sometimes I could cheerfully give the guy a slap.

6. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i think thats what hes saying sam , you can catch a lot of good keepers on a line without killing loads of other small fish in the process, sustainable fishing.
    im looking forward to it, the ad shows him on a trawler showing lots of good cod and pollock, about to be thrown overboard dead, probably because the boat is over quota, if this program doesnt bring this problem home, i dont know what will, because millions of people watch hugh fearnly whittingstals , and gordon ramsay and jamie oliver programs, and these programs normally hit hard, and they have changed things for the better in the past. i love watching these mysellf :yes:

7. woody

woody New Member

tru lobbers like jamie and schooln dinners ?

8. seabass

seabass Blenny

Let,s hope he get,s the message home.

9. Baramundi Bob

It seems the commercials are now onside with the discards issue, but part of me wonders what's in it for them. 10years ago, if Hugh Fearnly Whittingstall set foot on Whitby fish quay with a camera crew, saying he wanted to film discards, he, along with the cameras and crew would have been thrown in the harbour (and he wouldnt have been the first to have that happen). For years the commercials denied discards ever existed, now they are happy to broadcast it to the world. Call me suspicious but what's the agenda, I doubt for one moment its fish conservation.

10. bunny78

bunny78 New Member

channel 4? cant find it on the guide?

11. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

next tuesday mate .

Love hughs programs, hope this one gets the message across

12. bunny78

bunny78 New Member

ok thanks for that mate I will be watching.

13. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

I'm looking well forward to it too.

Hate to be pessimistic, but will it really change anything? I mean It'll sure as hell piss people off though, so at least it's a start.

14. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Posted about this in November, not had much interest probably because I put it in the none fishing chat :embarrass:.
    http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=18396.msg160979#msg160979
    He received 20,000 sign ups in the first 24 hrs, http://www.fishfight.net/ also on Facebook with updates about celebs and business supporting him. He`s already been banging on the doors in Brussels and got noticed by them. If his chicken thing worked maybe this will.

15. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Just set the sky + to record this tonight . Hope it goes in to the full facts about discards.

16. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Your chance to ask the man himself a question on Facebook.

Hugh`s fish fight

LIVE FACEBOOK CHAT WITH HUGH - 12:30pm TODAY! (Tues 11th)
    Do you have a burning question for Hugh? Is there an issue you would like to discuss with him? Hugh will be online at lunchtime today, responding to as many of your comments as possible. Please leave your questions below this post or join us at 12:30pm. See you then!

17. nicho2k10

nicho2k10 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

reminder is set cant wait for it to start, i think its about time that non fishing ppl wether they like to eat fish or not see exactly wot kind of state our fisheries are in and how much wastage there is from each trawler. fingers crossed it will help even if only in a small way, my names on the petition.

18. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

They just threw back in 5 seconds more than some of us land in one whole cod season! :scared: :sad: Terrible!

19. Baramundi Bob

Throwing fish back is very annoying, but one thing annoys me more whilst Im watching this program. All these commercial fishermen screaming about discards. Yet 5 years ago Discards was a dirty word to them, they wouldn't even admit they existed. Why ?

Because the lieing cheating scumbags landed it all illegally in the middle of the night - hence the collapse of the cod stocks. The reason they scream now is because the Quota system is finally enforced after years of lapse management.

Discards are a disgrace and need addressing but lets not forget what commercial fishermen did to the cod stocks at the same time. The simple answer is a days at sea system and no quota. The only time you can garuntee a trawler skipper isnt engaged in skulduggery is when his boats tied to the fish key and hes in the pub. The CFP is to be reformed so I hope to see this issue addressed.

20. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

FISH FIGHT!!!

SHAMEFUL!!!