1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge Halibut on Sea Otter 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by foo, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Hi All, been out of circulation a while but back now :) whilst surfing another site earlier I saw a huge halibut had been landed by someone on Killers boat Sea Otter 2. I've tried searching this site and the Whitby Gazette site but so far no luck. There's a bloke with a huge fish pictured on another site so I was just wondering if this was some sort of hoax as there is strangely absolutely no coverage on the Whitby site of such a monumental fish ?

2. steven watt

steven watt seafishing more

yea its true very nice fish, it was posted on hear last night, but for some reason its not on now

3. steven watt

steven watt seafishing more

just seen its been marked as a sticky at the top of the page

4. foo

:-[ :-[ ahhhhhhhh sorry lads I was under the mistaken impression this was another Killer had caught yesterday Thanks mate

5. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It was

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

6. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

Saw it last night but as has been said its vanished. It was said it would be on the Whitby Gazette site but not on their either. Why would it be moved & who knows where it is now?

7. foo

Now I'm totally confused ? The capture is been reported on another site up north yet the home site is not reporting it, something very strange afoot here. If I had been lucky enough to get a butt like that I would have been shouting it from the rooftops. Apart from anything else the interest this capture will generate in the port and the much deserved publicity for the boat, port and charter fleet in general is phenomenal. Anyway congratulations to the captor on the fish of a lifetime and many congratulations to the fantastic skipper for putting him on the fish, well done Paul great fishing.

8. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

Just been sent the photo & write up;

52lb HALIBUT CAUGHT TODAY OFF WHITBY!
    News just in from Whitby skipper, Paul Kilpatrick.
    Barry Kemper from Hull was fishing on board Paul's boat 'Sea Otter 2' today, when he latched into this 52lb halibut! He caught it on 6-inch Rhubarb And Custard Sidewinder, and it's the first halibut caught out of Whitby this year. There has been one or two caught each June for the past couple of years, so this one is very early. Let's hope there's more to come!

Attached Files:

9. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Seems like there maybe some politics to this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. foo

Personally I'm not interested in any Politics Mick mate, that is a fantastic achievement by any standards,whatever is behind the lack of report on here. wow what a fish. Very well done to all involved, superb fishing all round.

11. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What politics why should it be being kept quite after Paul put the report on yesterday all seems very strange to me whys baramundi bob keeping quite about it you would think he would explain why it was taken off

12. Mick Gibson

Sorry think you might have misunderstood, last night Baramundi Bob put a post on stating about not having the opportunity to take photos and about the exclusivity of the report. Later on the post was edited, all seems a bit strange.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=34204.0

Was a cracking fish, there seems to be one pops up each year well done to the angler and skipper alike.

13. wilky

wilky Blenny

I saw report on TSF site about a 71 pounder, which fits the earlier report about 55 lb scales not being enough.

Given that this site seems to exist to promote angling in the Whitby area, which it does admirably, and that there is nothing that gets people keen to visit than reports of big catches, I am mystified as to the wall of silence that has now descended on this story.

More than anything, I just want to hear the blow by blow account of the capture...PLEEEASE !!

14. foo

Ok Mick cheers mate. I'm sure it will be sorted out soon enough, as you say a fantastic achievement and a very special fish. It will be a shame if its something silly like hurt ego's stopping the report from been published. Time will tell and once again well done to all involved in the capture, a special fish.

15. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

There is photo's and a report on Charter Boats UK website.
    On Sea Otter 2 page.
    Ling to page-http://www.charterboats-uk.co.uk/seaotter2/

16. foo

Cheers Jim ;)

17. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

[SIZE=medium]How does a 70lb plus halibut go missing?
    Maybe we should put up a missing topic page.

REWARD!! - MISSING HALIBUT
    HAVE YOU SEEN THIS HALIBUT?
    LAST SEEN ON 'SEA OTTTER 2
    LIKES RHUBARB & CUSTARD[/SIZE]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

18. g8bvl

g8bvl Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good work Paul, excellent fish

19. Misso

Misso Blenny

What happened to Kayos input to this topic it was there at midnight last night

20. Mick Gibson

Can't understand what the issue is, such a catch should have got a lot of interest however there is more interest now in why there has been lack of such a report, no comment from skipper or administrator would have thought as members of the forum we would have had some kind of explanation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.