1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge Cod just caught by British angler

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Pugwash, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

131.jpg 111.jpg 131.jpg "After a short while we had a very excited Nordic Angler Guide, Sebastian, come on the radio asking for bigger scales. I quickly responded and said I would be over very shortly but please tell me how big you think it is? He then responded with very big….

We were only a couple of minutes away from him so we soon got there and I was greeted with huge cheers and anglers jumping up and down with joy. This had to be the one, I thought. We secured the boats together and I got my first glimpse of the Cod and it was massive, I thought to myself it must be very close to the record. We managed to get her safely in a weigh sling and up on the scales. The needle bounced between 90LB & 96LB so we said it 93LB we simply could not believe it. This fish was not a Cod it was like a whale and we all felt very special to be able to witness such a fish."

• Like Like x 2
  2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

F*ck me, that's got to be one of the tellytubbies, that's huge

3. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Was it only last week when a 60lb was caught in Norway? or was that from the shore??

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Jeepers!!
    That is crazy.
    Think I will have to increase my snood bs.
    And my shock leader.
    LOL

5. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Mmmm wonder what reel would drag that up bemmo??:confused:

6. Azores fishing

Azores fishing New Member

That would be nice for christmas eve .

7. Steve

Steve Rockling

not a fladen warbird thats for sure

• Funny Funny x 1