1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk - Whitby Angling Festival - Spring 2010

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by yorkslad, Apr 5, 2010.

1. yorkslad

yorkslad New Member

have any boats gone out today for festival,and was yesterday cancelled

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: festival

Sorry for not getting updates out, been a bit busy with it being easter. I was told only 1 boat went out yesterday, Paul said he had a full boat but the lads had refused the uptiding option so all dropped out. Not sure about today but Im guessing no boats will have gone because its very strong winds. Paul says he is uptiding tomorrow.

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Only 2 boats went todasy shy-torque and sea urchin richard came home early and mick on sea urchin is uptiding we will have to wait and see whats what when mick comes back in it looks more favourable from wednesday onwards an the weather looks even settled into next week so fingers crossed.

paul.

4. steveevo

steveevo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

mike on lone shark was out also me rich and 2 lads from barnsley on board. what a nightmare. we travelled 5 mile out and swell was way to big for us turned back an did a little uptiding robin hood bay, i caught a 1 1/2lb codling on a cart and razor cocktail, which was the only legal size one all day and happily took the winners medal :embarrass: :embarrass: mick on urchin got into some trouble with engine?? looked a bit scary at first, good job he wasnt 10 mile out. then we tryed sandsendwith no luck, it was ashamed waited 2 months for this but its the way it goes! safety first :yes: anyway back out in 2 weeks cant wait. thanks again to mike for his patience.... Steve

5. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

Hi All as steevo said yesterday was a nightmare I decided up tiding was the only option and headed down to a local mark the sea was OK tucked in close and out of the weather we had every bait known to man cart, fresh worm,mussel and the best of the rest I knew it would be a hard day with the previous days catches and told my party the night before and gave them the up tide option so they decided to give it a try as some of the party were staying over the night before, so the first two hours never had a bite then one of the lads landed a small dog fish around 2lb which was returned unharmed then a undersized ling came aboard 26 inch again returned alive after what seemed a life time and three or four anchor moves I decided to head nearer home but within no time I noticed the engine was getting very hot and after clearing a totally sea weed blocked sea cock and a cool down we set off for up gang, the weather had fallen away by then but still the fishing was torture we caught a further three codlings all returned undersized, I felt really sorry for the lads so with the day nearly over we tried three local inshore wrecks the drift was perfect as the tides had fallen off by then but not a Belg on any one of them, looks like the weather will improve over the next few days lets hope the fishing follows suit

results can be found here http://www.wcsa.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/first-days-results/

[​IMG]

6. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

you cant beat the weather lads ,but hey ho good effort maybe today some fish mite show keep at it

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

We were the only boat away conditions werent good but we did manage a codling 2lb 2oz we were back in at 1.30pm going wrecking tommorow fingers crossed for some clear water.

paul.

8. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wots been caught today ,anyone no?

9. Baramundi Bob

10. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

That makes a change catching over slack water that's normally when I get my sandwiches out and put the kettle on for a cuper.

11. Baramundi Bob

Slack is the best time for wreck fishing.

12. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Good point Glenn I should no that.

seams like it is hard work at the moment for the boat lads going by the results and sizes hope it picks up soon.

13. Baramundi Bob

A better showing of fish today. Still not fantastic but definitely a big improvement. A new leader with a ling about 10lb on 2 dogs, Killers anglers had a nice few cod each with 1 lucky lad getting two 9 pounders (2nd and third today). Glenn stocks who sponsors the festival was off with Paul Eddon on Trot On and he had some nice cod. Nothing massive but he had 3 over 8lb.

Killer said he was confident of better tomorrow as he had seen conditions improve all day today in terms of water clarity.

All pictures and results are here, please try to post the link on other sites to gain a bit of publicity for the wcsa site :

http://www.wcsa.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/2010-spring-results/

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Any within yakking range Glen ? :whistle: :crazy:

15. Misso

Misso Blenny

Does anyone know if the weather is going to hold out booked for a go on wednesday fingers crossed

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

Does anyone know if they managed to sort out some diesel....or are all the cars in whitby empty now..... :cheesy:

17. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

aye it was interesting listening to the diesel discussions!

18. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

On Friday and Saturday I decided to steam off to distant grounds as the inshore fishing was poor of late also the weather was perfect flat sea and blue sky both days, Friday I had Karl from Pickering with a small group who chartered the entire boat and I explained the inshore fishing situation they agreed the only realistic chance of getting in the prizes was to try some distant ground and wrecks to the east and at the limit of my licence range, after an epic journey and a few stops at some unknown wrecks which produced the odd fish we arrived and the fishing was much better than recent inshore trips but nothing of any size we had around 15 or 20 fish cod to around 7lb pollock to 4lb and some large whitings around 2lb mark we only had a few hours fishing and had to head for home,
    Saturdays anglers Clinton and Chris from chesterfield were told the same story and they also agreed a steam was the sensible option this time I diced ed to work a few wrecks north around 18mls away and this time as soon as we arrived all the rods were in which gave everyone a smile after the long but sunny steam the day produced around the same 20 fish or so with cod the most common after a change of tide the fish stopped feeding so I headed for some wrecks around 12mls off which produced nothing neither did the 9 mile ground so all in all not a bad two days in the present scheme of things I did intend to get out Sunday but I only had two anglers booked on so I had no alternative to pass them on to another boat roll on summer.
    [​IMG]
    click the youtube link for a brief vieo of Saturdays trip

10th April.mp4

19. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done mick, the video looked very relaxing ,and a good choice of music , :yes: stragers on the shore i think by Acker Bilk,isnt the harbour entrance a great sight after a days fishing ,and well done on finding a few fish for your party, :cool:

20. Baramundi Bob