1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Would He Cope On The Esk ?

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfle9HwKN6E

2. woody

woody New Member

same thing happened to me on the ribble many years ago but i lost the fish it was a good fish too estimated at 18 lb :sad: took me 200 yrds down stream then the bloody hook straightened :cry:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Happens every go at slieghts woody. They can strip 100 yards of line in seconds. Usually it involves running down the river bank passing the rod around trees.

Good fun though. My biggest from there is 12 pound, but a trout not a Salmon :hungry: :happy:

4. woody

woody New Member

funnyest thing was was tho the guy who took me was 60 at the time had many salmon biggest a shade over 19 lb the fish i lost was easily 18 n only my second salmon! nothing beats it on a fight pound for pound tho :canadian:

5. bucko

bucko Guest

Had a couple on (not landed) that have been unstoppable in the past few seasons. It would be OK if it was on a wide river with manicured banks but on a stretch of tree lined river thats only 20ft wide a double figure fish is a different ball game altogether. I do tend to bully them if possible but once you get above say the 10lb mark that becomes nigh on impossible.
    Salmon also have a habit of looking beaten but then 'flapping' on the water about a foot from the net and unmovable- not good for the nerves at all and one of the times you are most likely to lose them.