1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How was 2013 for you? and what are you hoping to achieve in 2014?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by andym, Dec 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. andym

andym Rockling

With a poor forcast to finish the year it looks unlikely I will get out on the Kayak much before the year is out so just thought I would post a few of my favourite bits from this year.

Without doubt my best memory is this

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wQkTff84hog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But also managed to land a few Turbot and a Brill from the Kayak which weren't very big but great to see none the less

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also managed my first Smoothound whilst kayak fishing at Marske but it escaped my lens this time but gives me something to target next spring

I had an awesome time in Wales landing my first ever Tope estimated at over 30lb with Mark also getting one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had several good sessions trolling plugs no real monsters landed but some great sport

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had some great action with mini sharks,cuda and big Stingrays in Florida

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The back end of the year was taken up with improving my paddling in a sit inside kayak with some great help from Ken,Fi and Dave so the fishing has taken a back seat
    Starting to get to grips with it a bit now but still a looooong way to go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So Next year just hope to get out fishing a lot more especially with my son Jack (when conditions allow) maybe a few trips further afield chasing fish and improve my paddling with perhaps a few short mini expeditions plus the north east comps plan to attend these too with Jack onboard

So how did everyone else get on with their Targets? and any ambitions for next year?

2. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

After a very bad late winter and Spring, and a slow start to summer, I have had an amazing year. By far my best, I guess on account of fishing many more hours in different places.
    Yorkshire summer round Scarborough/Filey was shocking till late September, for me at least. One day on the bass and none at all on mackerel or pollock.
    That said, must have returned over two hundred fish.
    1 salmon 13 lb's, 3 bass, 20 odd pike (to 18lb's), 50 odd pollock (to 8-9lbs), 70 odd mackerel, 50 odd trout, 4 wrasse (to 6lb's), 3 conger, 4 Chubb (to 5lb), 8 perch, 14 cod (to 6lb's), few flatties and misc.
    Proper pleased with some beautiful days and sights.
    Next year, to catch much bigger bass, a double pollock, a few more salmon on Yorkshire river and a double cod.
    Fingers crossed!

3. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I would love 2 acheve a 20lb cod off the boats 30lb ling. I am thinking about having a crack at bassing in summer months although I aint a clue where to start. I would also like to catch a double figure fish off the shore. ..... dnt want much do I haha

4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re. Bass - you can start under Bempton cliffs on Chug Bugs, or similar poppers. Down from Reighton and walk about 2-3 miles, to where birds are above you?

5. E.F.C. FOREVER

I dont k ow the area at all.... I prob wont get chance to if I do will be whitby way mate I will just ask to tag along with one of local lads till I get started. Cheers fo info thou

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

No need to walk all that way. Plenty at thormwick an all around flamborough within five mins of your car..

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

7. E.F.C. FOREVER

Glenn if ya fancy tekking me once or twice through summer giz a shout aslong as I am home I will go im gunna go with Rob Taylor this year coming aswell.

8. Baramundi Bob

get yerself a kayak Perry. More chance of fish in this neck of the woods.

9. E.F.C. FOREVER

How much would it cost for kayak set up ?? I been toying with idea but im afraid I would need taking by the hand to start with and if I dont like it its a big expense aint it

10. Baramundi Bob

Your minted. Plus they hold their value so you wouldnt loose much if you gave it a year and sold up. About a grand would see you safely on the water.

11. E.F.C. FOREVER

Thats better than I thought like and minted..... dnt know bowt that will look into it.