1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fish Bempton cliffs.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by prof tench, May 28, 2007.

1. glassback

glassback Blenny

that place is called chain ducky ,you will have to get a map and have a look . :confused:
    its about half a mile from gull newk ,do you no were gull is

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

no, andy was talking to nibby and he said there is one down there as well. going to get my map now :educated:

3. glassback

glassback Blenny

funny i never saw it when i was down there the other year.chain is further north than gull and to my knowledge
    no one has been down at gull .thats the reason we put the other rope in as you cant get down chain now

4. robq

robq Rockling

There is a rope at the bottom of the grass slope just to the north of gull nook, its at the bottom section. I pulled into there on the yak just after the gull nook fell a few years ago. Not sure if anyones been down it in a while ?? I think Scaifey put the rope in at the bottom ?? I may be wrong though. The bottom section is pretty steep :scared:

Andy, is excell the big grass bank just to the south of chain with a sort of gully running down it ??

What the hell that rope down chain is doing I dont know !! it just stops halfway down and the last 120 ft or so that is not roped is just vertical :crazy: :crazy:

5. glassback

glassback Blenny

yea rob thats the rope we put down ,but it fell away just to the right of the bottom .excell is the small bay northside of langness ,only about 70ft there,bit steep but me and ray went down without harnesses on
    a bit daft realy ,but you do these things dont you.
    ok with harness on it is pegged out ,you go downjust to the left of were you fish in back .there was another way down inbetween our rope and chain but the cliff went and took it away .so realy the best way is at excell.

6. robq

robq Rockling

Cheers Andy :yes:

I doubt we will be venturing down there as we have enough marks to learn in more depth anyway !!

Staple was just too much and to be honest after covering a lot of that ground in the yak I am not sure it would be worth the effort from the shore apart from weed fish in summer that cant be fished for from the top ??

Gull nook just looked crazy to me :crazy:

Cheers
    Rob

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!