1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fish Bempton cliffs.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by prof tench, May 28, 2007.

1. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

ive only fish big railings , stapple newq, bass, dug owt, and dyke end never really go up there prefere flasmborough :-X

2. Markus V 07

Markus V 07 New Member

Lol More Like Yah Scared ;D :p Only Jokin Bud I Ant fished It So I Kant Talk Lol ;)

3. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Ive been showen quite a few spot at Bempton been down roll-up 3/4 of the way. bu haven't come roound to fishing them.

Dan

4. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

well go dan our time will come wen we can bloody drive ;)

5. Markus V 07

Markus V 07 New Member

Scooter 4 Me 1st Lol ill b Bombing round Mappleton And That Lot Lol With rods And all Ma Codlings In fish Bag ;D Haha ;D

6. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

no u wont cos u wont get a scooter so ha ha marcus u couldnt ride 1 anyway :mad: :mad:

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Rob went to sth landing today crabbing.....waste of time lol....so had a look at Bemmo.....I shall not be venturing down either roll up or birdash....way too extreme for me afraid !!!

I shall fish there from my yak if , no when I get one.

At least I ve got me rod sorted for now so can begin the learning process again

Should have gone spinning instead of crabbing...non moulting all hardbacks .....or i m looking in the wrong place ?????

8. robq

robq Rockling

No worries Dave, its not for everyone :)

Based in Hull I find it much cheaper and easier to buy my crabs, by the time I have spent money on petrol and some of my precious spare time going up there It usually works out a lot cheaper to buy them. I like to spend my spare time fishing ;D ;D

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

intresting read :yes:

10. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

lol

A lot has changed in 3 years hasnt it.

11. woody

woody New Member

I shall not be venturing down either roll up or birdash....way too extreme for me afraid !!!
    how things have changed dave !!!!

12. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Lol.....theone thing that hasn t changed is my fear of heights.....I always end up shaking like a sh!tting dog no matter where I go down the ropes or ladders but it is just I ve learnt to deal with that fear and take as many safety precautions as wecan within reason.

So yes alot has changed, never thought i D go down any of those climbs but there are still some I won t be off down, Staple Newk for one , Gull Newk the second.....scary !

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I'll come back to this thread in 2 years Dave when you've done the aformentioned get downs!

14. Steve

Steve Rockling

id like to see anyone go down at gull newk

15. Robocod

Robocod New Member

was having a look at the gull newk and staple get downs from the boat last week gull looks crazy scary. staple looks marginally better

16. glassback

glassback Blenny

you can get down at excell a lot easier than further up .i havent ever heard of any one going down gull newk before .you can get down just past gull newk .thers still a rope in but the cliff just to the right fell last year .
    so the bottom bit isnt to good.
    my lump hammers still down there if anyone fancys bringing it back up for me

17. Robocod

Robocod New Member

ye andy that's the one i was looking at with the rock fall next to it looked like the rope just comes down the side of the fall have you bin down recently

18. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Andy, what you doing on here tonight, i thought you'd be on the cliffs tonight on Filey match duty......

19. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

bri ellis was the last person down gull newk 10 years ago. there is little ledge about 4 inch holding a chain with 250ft of nothing behind you. when bri went down did not think he was going to get up. at the right state of tide you can walk onto dyk end. this info is from nibby (dave tyson) just been talking to him. he would go down bird ash roll up back door but never gull neuk far worse.

20. glassback

glassback Blenny

not for a few years now ,i think ray and crowie were the last to go down,we didnt find any benifit in going down
    we pegged it out just in case they banned fishing of cliffs in festivals
    but they didnt any way .i will probably go back down excell next summer bassing