1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fish Bempton cliffs.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by prof tench, May 28, 2007.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

NO, now get to sleep......and I wont tell you again ;D

2. dbrown

dbrown Guest

haha please can you leave the light on haha ;D ;D I used have to sleep with the light on when i was about 5

3. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

can i have a story tomorro then? one about yaks!! ha ha, or the one about the 20lber that DIDN'T get away ;D ;D

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Pete Farnell told me he was in Rick,s tackle shop in Filey when a lad came running in and said "have you heard, someones caught a 20lb,er at Cloughton" Pete asked who had caught it, to which he replied "er whatsisname you know him, that Geordie b@#t@=?" ;D

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

6. prof tench

prof tench Guest

Sorting through my old Sea Danglers, I also came across an article on the 'All England Codling Champs' (Mar '92). This makes mention of a Scarborough angler named Roland Slater, who had fallen 180 feet at Bempton 30 years previously and nearly ended his day's. He caught a 4.5lb wrasse in the comp', but not at 'bottoms'!

So you just mind how you go on there Dan and don't forget your crampons (that's crampons Dan not t.....s, when is your English exam?)!

Cheers, T

7. robq

robq Rockling

There was a small clip in sea dangler not too long back about an angler who had to be rescued halfway down bempton :-[ :-[, Apparently he hurt his back and could'nt move !!
    anyone know who it was ??

8. Phil A

Phil A New Member

I thought you chaps might like to see this - it's a picture I took of Angela and Mally Skelton some years ago. Angela had just caught 4 cod for 25lb and swept the board at the Brid Open.

[​IMG]

9. robq

robq Rockling

Is that staple newk looking west towards towards full sea mark Phil ?

10. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

thats a good pic mate i fish with them alot!!

TOM

11. mww

mww Rockling

Roland fell at Gull Nook I think, which from what cps tells me is on the tricky side :eek:....which probably speaks volumes!!

Don't think many folks go down that way now - cps showed me where it was when we were across there in the boat & I still couldn't see where the way down was - just all long sloping faces!! :p

I definitely wont be doing a video guide on how to get down there....

Mart

12. robq

robq Rockling

Is gull nook the one at just the other side of the roll up bird cage ?? I had a little look down there last year and was SCARY !! :eek: :eek:

13. mww

mww Rockling

It's to the south side of Roll-Up....best viewed from a boat!!

Mart

14. robq

robq Rockling

I know where you mean now, I have seen it from the Yak from a distance :eek: :eek:
    I dont think I will be bothering !!

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Last time any one went down Staple was for the "All England" a few years ago led by CPS. I watched them all go down then went to Roll Up and bagged up ;D I got about 10 mops out and was winning with a few minutes to go then CPS came and told me that someone had just weighed 2 fish in to beat me , I was gutted. He had one over 14lb and another just short of 5lb :'(

16. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

Now ya now how phil mead felt like in the ship open ray,when he had a 9 pounder then you walked in with a 10 pounder ;D

17. dbrown

dbrown Guest

How the hell you supposed to ge down it :eek: :eek:

Dan

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Oh that day :'( :'(. I had the bite of a lifetime and started winching my monster fish ashore thinking I had the winner then I was devastated as it broke surface and it was a flipping ling. Then I walked back inside on the flood to where I started, to find Meady there with a big fish in the bag from the same Mark I got third place from the year before.
    '
    You only get what's for ya !!! ;D

19. Steve

Steve Rockling

gull nook is north of thornwick baywere the footpath leads back to flamborough village

20. cps

cps Rockling

i left the rope down the bottom bit ray if you fancy a look down i'll lend you my gear :)